Faulty lambda - OEM equivalent replacement

F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
Hi guys,

just a quick tip from me as I know it's been asked in the past.

The wife's FR-V recently suffered a front O2 sensor failure. I checked with Holdcroft and even with our forum discounts, i was looking at the best part of £200 for a replacement.

So I set about researching, looking at the OEM specs of the original Denso units. Anyways long story short, I sourced a great value replacement.

The K20 and K24 have the same 4 wire sensor for the Primary O2 (Bank 1 Sensor 1).

Here's what I used, and at less than £100 inc import Duty and Delivery (came within a week), it was fabulous value. The car is better than ever now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CLSSE2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You've probably never heard of Walker sensors but they are direct OEM replacements with the correct factory plug. There's a lot of conflicing info on ebay and other websites, but this sensor is a guaranteed fit and it's a high quality product from what I could see.

Hope it helps.

Nice one Fahad!

Although not for my car, I can also recommended amazon.com for some tools which often work out cheaper and delivered usually in 7days. Delivery and import charges are all up front so no nasty doorstep charges awaiting.

I'll probably be getting this soon, as honda quoted aprox £400 for a O2 sensor replacement.

Over a year on, still working a treat and no issues.

My Toyota was getting through OEM lambda sensors (also Denso 4-wire types) a bit too regularly, and always because the internal heater element (to the black pair of wires, not the the blue or white ones) burnt out. Currently all three lambda sensors (yes, it has three!) are burnt out, but some time ago I cut back the cabling at the connector end to insert 20 ohm / 20 watt resistors across the heater pair to fool the ECU into thinking the heaters were still drawing current.

Economy hasn't altered, performance is still the same and the recent MoT CO and HC emissions are actually a little better than the year before.

Would this be of interest to Accord owners? I'm not sure how well they would heat up from the exhaust gases... on the Toyota two are actually in the manifold, so get really hot anyway. The third one is post-cat, so doesn't inform fuelling (so who cares?).

^ good idea, but could potentially cause damage to some of the metals in the catalytic converter if the fuelling drifted off

freddofrog said:
^ good idea, but could potentially cause damage to some of the metals in the catalytic converter if the fuelling drifted off
True. But the heaters seem to be practically redundant on the Toyota. Not sure about the Honda positioning though.

However the Honda post-cat sensor is only there to ***ess cat performance isn't it? If so, then that one could probably be a candidate for fitting a resistor if the heater burns out?

Jon_G said:
True. But the heaters seem to be practically redundant on the Toyota. Not sure about the Honda positioning though.

However the Honda post-cat sensor is only there to ***ess cat performance isn't it? If so, then that one could probably be a candidate for fitting a resistor if the heater burns out?
I'll certainly be investigating further if one fails on my car