What's new

Faulty Parking sensors

Racy Jace

Members
Reaction score
Car
EX GT Idtec
This is my second fault with the car :( The first being the speakers. Its booked in to HH who believe its just a bad connection so hopefully it wont cost more than the inspection fee.

Has anyone else had this problem? I dont think the rain weve had has helped.

I found this link that was for a CRV that found the problem was due to a dry solder Faulty parking sensors

Yeah I've had a similar problem with one of my reverse parking sensors but only after heavy rain. When the weather dries up the problem goes away.

Just so as you know you can also turn off the sensors by using one of the buttons on the dash!!

Just so as you know you can also turn off the sensors by using one of the buttons on the dash!!

Yeah, Ive had to do that now. I`m just frustrated that the things playing up. I might see what HH has on offer while Im up there too :D

So what is going on with them because one of mine kept going off the other day.
But I gave it a wipe over and was ok again.

If its damp related as in one of the sensor is getting water ingress. Take it off from behind bumper disconnecting the plug and split the housing and dry it with a hairdryer then pack it and the connector with electric silicone compound.

Basically as I pull off with nothing in front of me it goes off and bleeps fast. It is a higher pitch than the reverse bleep too. Im not sure if it was like that before though.

I'm not sure how to get behind to the sensor and I don't fancy taking my bumper off.

It looks like this is another common fault from Honda that spreads across their whole range from what I've seen on Google. We could probably do with a DIY guide on how to get to the sensors as Im sure its an easy fix. With all this rain though it makes working on the car a bit difficult.

If anyone fancys a look at it and doing a DIY guide feel free to let me know :D

All cars with parking sensors suffer from this, its not confined to Honda only.

I have a 7th gen so can't help with the diy, but I imagine you can' get to it on the 8th gen from underneath the bumper without taking it off.

On the way home tonight the sensors didnt play up unlike yesterday. :huh:

I have a 7th gen so can't help with the diy, but I imagine you can' get to it on the 8th gen from underneath the bumper without taking it off.

You might be right there. Its giving me an excuse anyway to visit HH as I

Ive found my sensors at the front sometimes go off randomly when in heavy rain, wipe the sensor and all goes away.

i find that a large drip of water running across the sensor can trigger a false trigger of the alarm.

As for getting to them, on the front its bumper off time - easy to do with minimal tools! check the diy i did for the fitting of HID kit to my 8th gen!!

On the way home tonight the sensors didnt play up unlike yesterday. :huh:

You might be right there. Its giving me an excuse anyway to visit HH as I

Not quite the same topic but I have always had my front sensors trigger off when standing at one particular set of traffic lights this happens when nothing is in front at all and its always the same set of lights, I have put this down to some strange radio frequency at this point given out by the traffic lights as it only does it if you are the first car waiting at the lights.

The sensors are still going off so there's definitely a problem still. HH are aware that it happens so it shouldn't take them long to fix it. It gives me an excuse to see if they have anything on offer while I'm up there :D

Jason any update on this because mine has been playing up again since the rain.
Have HH fixed your problem yet.

Jason any update on this because mine has been playing up again since the rain.
Have HH fixed your problem yet.

is it the front or rear sensors causing the problem guys? if its the fronts, have a close look to check for any small stone chips which can lead to the sensors corroding(bubbling up under the paint) causing false triggers. also, even if the car is out of warranty its worth a call to customer relations about contributions for replacement.

Very good point iv noticed the laquar around the sensors peeling so this might be the problem

03 ex auto saloon. Which button on the dash. Only have rear sensors which sound a warning beep when putting the car into reverse. They did this this morning , drove a couple of miles and reversed into a parking place and no sound. I was playing around with the buttons on the dash/radio/cd/AC etc but cant see anything to switch them on or off. Car was garaged overnight but I'll wipe the sensors and see it that works. Thx

deeno1975 said:

Yeah I've had a similar problem with one of my reverse parking sensors but only after heavy rain. When the weather dries up the problem goes away.

^^ your model does not have a fancy dash button I'm afraid.

Walking behind the car in reverse with ignition on there's no beeping. Is there a fuse?. I'll take a look over the weekend. Its annoying as I've only had it a couple of weeks. Thx.

This has happened to my car several times over the last few months. Sometimes, just by switching the sensors on and off works or giving the sensors a wipedown or like someone mentioned, wait for drier weather conditions - maybe it's the moisture on the sensors/connectors...