What's new

Feeback on Stage 1 EGR Remap By Premier Tuning

pauljdh

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-dtec auto tourer
About 5 or 6 weeks ago I trundled up North for a couple of jobs on my icdti tourer (2006). Its done 140K miles and I dinged the wing in a minor shunt, Fahad had set me up with his friends to repair that and he did me a great deal on a body / remap / HID fit package.

Its the remap I wanted to report back on now Ive done a few miles and burnt a few tanks of fuel.

These are my observations:

• Throttle response - much improved, picks up instantly
  • Vibration - much smoother - gear knob doesn't transmit any vibration any more
  • Mid range - power all the way thru the rev range, before it would rev out, particularly good when entering a slip road etc
  • Economy - I do a 25 mile round trip every day in mixed traffic - used to average an indicated 48 ish mpg, on same trip, same conditions more like 54mpg. On a longer A road run, mid 60's no problem - this is an unexpected benefit!
  • Smoke - none visible under normal acceleration, but if I gun it in a low gear I can dump a big grey gritty cloud for a few seconds - a useful weapon sometimes as the bird in a 306CC will testify ( she was up my bumper so I change down, shot off and left her in a cloud.
  • Clutch - I did manage to foce a wee slip accelerating hard thru 85 ish but no issues at all in normal driving

I ***ume the smoke is a feature of the EGR delete. I don't know how this works but think its no bad thing for the future.

So Im very happy! Quicker, smoother more power and more economical, car feels great!

Oh and the body repair was excellent and the HID's supplied by HorizonLED's are fantastic too!

Go for it.

Paul - thanks for the feedback!

The momentary smoke under hard acceleration is something that can happen especially when coming in hard after some gentle driving where the ECU is requesting wide open throttle boost and fuelling, and yes coupled with EGR OFF the smoke has nowhere else to go but out of the exhaust (best place for it).