What's new

first ever ever EVER jap motor friendly advice would be appreciated

ST-Mcfarlane

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type v
Hi all,,
i just bought my first Honda accord for the time being while i am rebuilding my focus ST225..
I must say i am really impressed what i got for 300 squids.. 71K, Full mot 2.3 V-tec, leather, all electrics work and a solid underneath... Just needs a bit of a clean..

i am aware it has a leaky boot but i ***ume its that the boot wont seal completely due to where it was reversed and lost to a lorry..

any common faults i should look for but it all.seems smooth and engine runs as quiet as a mouse i often think it has stalled haha...
cheers guys

Hi and welcome

Nothing particular to look out for - as you say they are solid - the boot could also be down to a blocked drain hole...if it is you'll be able to see the blockage from the underneath the wheel well.

Oh right is this easy to spot i ***ume its underneath the car or is it hidden inside boot somewhere...? Also is the timing belt driven or chain ?

Yeah so far car seems okay... IM only using it while building the st but.. If it is good i might keep it and do some work on it...
is the 2.3 easy to tune?

Only SOHC so not really worth it but would be a comfy daily driver or runabout you could rely on

F23 is your engine code. Not a tuneable engine at all really, more made for good mid-range to pull that hefty Type-V around!

You should try a Type-R, your Focus won't know which way the Accord went on a twisty road....Ask me how I know. ;)

H22 engine mate, you don't mess with a high revving VTEC DOHC engine coupled with a dreamy chassis setup ;)

If you want to swap it, you are better off with a donor car as you'll need everything, box, loom and ECU, gauges, etc etc.

With how cheap ATR's are now, you are better off buying an ATR outright. Only reason I swapped mine was because of sentimental value! Good fun though. :p

Okay cheers mate. I will probably keep the engine as is as i have the st for speed lol...
might just make this a cruiser...