What's new

Fiting rear camber arms

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
As the ***le says guys iv ordered a full set of rear camber arms for my car 3 each side.
Now they look very easy to fit but the only problem i can see is loading the car with weight to fully tighten the bolts.
Even on my mates ramp as he has the ramp with 4 corner arms that lift on the jack points.
The work can be done with the car lifted no probs but then the car needs to be put on the floor with the wheels back on to load it proper.
Am i missing something hear like another type of jack to life the suspension wile the car is on the ramp still :unsure:

The best way would be a pit but that is not available at my mates garage.

You need to put it on an MOT ramp , the type you can drive onto. That way you can get under it with it sitting on it wheels.

You need to put it on an MOT ramp , the type you can drive onto. That way you can get under it with it sitting on it wheels.
That's what i was thinking Matt but is there another way you can do this as my mate haven't got one of these.
I dont want to go elsewhere and pay a fortune if you no what i mean.

Does the suspension need to be fully loaded with the weight of the car or do you just need to lift the suspension so you can fit everything together? If so, would spring compressors be any good? Or how about using a transmission jack to lift the suspension while the car is on the ramp?

Does the suspension need to be fully loaded with the weight of the car or do you just need to lift the suspension so you can fit everything together? If so, would spring compressors be any good? Or how about using a transmission jack to lift the suspension while the car is on the ramp?
Yes Matt the car needs to be fully loaded then toque up all the fixing nuts and bolts.
But a good ideal about the transmission jack.I will ask my mate tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Sweet, so you ended up getting the kit. Cant wait to see them fitted.
How about putting it on some driveway drive on ramps maybe?

Good plan Shabz ill have a chat with my mate tommoro and keep you all up to speed.
They will probably take a week or so to turn up as there from the USA.

Stupid question :blush: but what exactly are camber arms and why do you want to change yours?

Stupid question :blush: but what exactly are camber arms and why do you want to change yours?
Hi Tony the camber arms i have brought are Adjustable arm and stock ones are not.The reason i need them is because my Camber on a 4 wheel alignment was out.
So to bring my camber back to spec this is the only way.Also im getting inside wear on my rear tyres because of this.These camber arms are also used if you lower your car as this would effect the spec readings of your car.

A ramp is the proper method. But an alternative method which is safe, is to tighten it all up in the air, tight but not torqued up fully etc. Then lower it down, then reposition the jack under the new arms nearer the wheel as you can, put coth first on them so as not to scratch your new items, then jack the corner up, then undo them slightly to take the loading off, then tighten up properly again. This will be very close to ride height so there will be no bush twisting. Works quite well.

Thanks Marcus your a star :)

Just a thought but WIM would charge an hours labour and be able to do the allignment 100% spot on, that way you would be totally confident its all been done the right way. If you wanted company I could road trip with ya as well.

Good point Andy sounds a good plan.Is this for all 3 arms each side mate?
I was thinking of going to them as well hence why i joined the WIM forum :)
Andy when the cambers turn up i will give you a call and book the car in on a Sat.

Good point Andy sounds a good plan.Is this for all 3 arms each side mate?
I was thinking of going to them as well hence why i joined the WIM forum :)
Andy when the cambers turn up i will give you a call and book the car in on a Sat.

Maybe an extra 1/2 hour tops, they did my front camber arms in record time, there is very little they have not seen before. Also know that area like the back of my hand as I lived there for 12 years as a kid.

Maybe an extra 1/2 hour tops, they did my front camber arms in record time, there is very little they have not seen before. Also know that area like the back of my hand as I lived there for 12 years as a kid.
Great stuff then its a date ill call you when they arrive from the states.Andy have you still got your same number if not can you PM your new one.

Great stuff then its a date ill call you when they arrive from the states.Andy have you still got your same number if not can you PM your new one.

No think that number gone will pm my new one.

Well guys the cambers has arrived :)
I will be getting these fitted in a couple of weeks at WIM so what this space.There JPower fully adjustable camber kit ;)

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

What I don't understand in all of this, is if the original camber setup isn't adjustable, how come it's out? Surely it's fixed during production. Does general wear fatigue the parts to move out a couple mm or something. Would smacking the kerb do it? Have you lowered your car? Or might this be caravan related, as you like a good towing don't you Brett ;) .

Brett has a situation where he tows alot, this acts as have the rear of of the car lowered. so it negative cambered and toes in. This is scrubbing his inside edges of the tyre.

I believe he then can adjust the camber and consequently toe too, for when his pulling load and driving normally so that the tyre is straight which ever hes doing.

Correct me Brett if this is wrong? :blush:

Bang on Marcus.
Basically I think mt rear springs has slightly compressed due to towing the caravan.
Not a lot but just anough to put the camber out.So with towing as well this will lower the back even more.
Hence more - camber.
With these adjustable cambers I can have the geometry set up to the upper limit but still in spec.Then if the caravan is hooked on this will put the alignment back to the lower limit but still be in spec if you no what I mean.
Iv gone down the road of axilerly spring asisters and was going to order some.
But I had an email back from Grayston engineering that they will rise the rear of the car 35mm so that was a no goer.

hondafan2535 said:
Can I just ask where did you order these from??
Hi Tom I've one got a set of ingalls waiting to be put on as these are much better quality.
The ones I have at the min I'm sure the bushes are to soft creating a slight sway on the rear.
Hear is a link for the ingalls ones and I had to also pay about £40

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-Honda-Accord-Acura-TSX-TL-Ingalls-Adjustable-Rear-Camber-Toe-Kit-/231160231465?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d2393629