What's new

Fitting Cruise Control on a non cruise control equipped accord?

Fiskekutteren

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2,0I LS
Hey.

My Honda Accord 2,0I LS does not have Cruise Control.

But is possible to take the cruise control unit, the buttons and the cruise control ecu from an Accord which have that equipped and instal it in my Accord without it being to aftermarket?

I Already have the steering wheel with the cruise control buttons installed in my Accord.

Greetings from the Accord and Me A.K.A Fiskekutteren :).

A installed a Waeco Magic speed cruise control kit on my Civic EP2, wich i recommend the most for your situation.

You prefer genuine, so i think you need to swap interior and engine wire looms + all cruise control equiment. Keep in mind that there is a chance that you can forget 1 important piece of the kit and the setup won't work. If you know what i mean.

Exec accord are cheap, maybe just buy an exec model with Cruise control

"TypeR" I dont live in Great Britain. I live in Denmark and in Denmark it is hard to find an Accord with Cruise control(Model ES), that has not been trashed by some 18 year old ricer.

The Accord has never been a popular car here in Denmark, because it has always been in the shadow of the Toyota Avensis even though the Honda is much better.

Ok, that makes sense. Over here you can pick these cars up for less than 1k now. They are very cheap as are the Type R models.

Wow! That's very cheap. Here in Denmark you have to pay about 30.000 Danish kroner or about 3100 Pounds to get a good one.

For Type-R Model you are talking more like 4 or 5 thousand Pounds. They are very rare.

for 3100 you can get a diesel 7th gen here. Petrol 7th gens are even cheaper

What :eek:

The Tax in Denmark is insane one of the highest i think. Every car that comes to denmark has to pay 25% VAT and 200% import tax.

one of the good things (if you have to chose something) about the UK is the glut of relatively cheap cars, go anywhere else in the world and you will see how good we have it. Singapore, Thailand...Denmark all countries with expensive cars.

The bad thing about it here is the road congestion and very poor roads outside of the motorway network, even some motorways too mind you.

Maybe a long shot, but perhaps you can buy one from UK and take it to Denmark? or i guess the drivers side is probably going to be wrong side! Otherwise these 6th gens go fo rnothing in UK and people scrap them when something simple goes wrong, what waste of cars!

"Nasty1984" Yes i know, but in Denmark a good cruise control kit like the Waeco cruise control kit, will cost me well over 5000 Danish Kroner or about 530 pounds. for me that is a lot of money.

So the conclusion must be, that i have to save up :)

freddofrog said:
^ they have it even better in the USA

do they, I'm not sure i could get a 08 lexus like mine for the same or less in the USA, or an 8th gen accord for that matter. I would gather the difference is marginal. For brand new cars its probably better. But we are bonkers in the UK the way we chuck perfectly good cars out.

toffee_pie said:
do they, I'm not sure i could get a 08 lexus like mine for the same or less in the USA, or an 8th gen accord for that matter. I would gather the difference is marginal. For brand new cars its probably better. But we are bonkers in the UK the way we chuck perfectly good cars out.
Unfortunately the salt that gets scattered on UK roads in winter does cause older cars (like the 6th gen Accord) to become very corroded underneath (and other places) meaning that they are rarely in a good condition... my 7th gen looks OK to a casual glance, but actually has a fair bit of corrosion in places rarely seen! The average age of a car used on UK roads is only 7 years old, partly because we are an affluent nation, but partly because most UK cars over 7 years are beginning to become corroded and tatty-looking (i.e. scruffy alloy wheels). And who would want to pay much for that?

I have to agree, cars do suffer from a fair bit of corrosion from road salt. The 6th gen is notorious now for this would find it hard to find one without rust.

We may have cheaper cars here but we also have a limited selection. The Japanese and American market have far better models than us

I'm from belgium and bought mine brand new from ebay germany. Calculated €230 for kit and €125 for optional steering wheel switch, because i wanted it oem style ;)

TypeR said:
I have to agree, cars do suffer from a fair bit of corrosion from road salt. The 6th gen is notorious now for this would find it hard to find one without rust.

We may have cheaper cars here but we also have a limited selection. The Japanese and American market have far better models than us
Mine honestly doesn't have any rust apart from some on the fuel lines! theres probably one or two patches somewhere but most of the underside is spotless, my dads old 6thgen was even more spotless, i rmember the MOT guy always used to say how are they so clean, both cars spent all their lives inland away from the seas and were/are low milers for their age, so not sure if that makes any difference.

In Britain. Can you not get some sort of an undercoating, do not know how it is call in english, but it is some "black stuff" you spray underneath, in the doors etc.

Fiskekutteren said:
In Britain. Can you not get some sort of an undercoating, do not know how it is call in english, but it is some "black stuff" you spray underneath, in the doors etc.
yeah there are various types of post-manufacture undercoating available: I would think the usage of this is not required as much on more recent cars, but as you go back through the decades, undercoating post-manufacture was important if one wanted to keep a car a very long time.

The main point with the different types though, is that if the stuff is not put on put on before any car gets some salt spray underneath (from ship transportation if made abroad + parked up near a port, or, transported from an inland factory to a dealer during winter) then that spray will be sealed in too, and I don't believe any place that says it can all be cleaned off before the process takes place.

Also, AFAIK, the trouble with all of the different types is that none is going to get in everywhere anyway.

The only thing to stop rust is to immerse the body-shell before the shell arrives at the ***embly plant. Same applies to panels. This happens on most modern cars I think, though the degree of protection will obviously vary a lot.

I don't know the difference between the process used on the 6th gen and 7th gen body-shells, maybe there is a difference, maybe none.

You can get those rustproof undercoating, they are quite popular and I have seen members on here do it to their cars.

The 6th gen panels are dipped in anti-corrosion chemicals similar to zinc but I think Honda use something of their own, or did anyway.