What's new

Fitting exhaust o2 sensor

exec

Members
Reaction score
Car
'99 2.0 SE Exec
I have ordered an o2 sensor to fit on my new cat, so was wondering do they simply screw on and plug in?

Do I need any specific tools or will a simple spanner do the job? seen vids of people putting anti seize grease on and tourqueing them, butnot sure how necessary that is!

Normally it's a special extended 22mm 1/2" drive socket with a cut-out for the sensor cable, at least that's the one I have to use on my Toyota. I do use copper grease on the threads, but I reckon oil would be just as good. If you have enough space then you could probably put it back on with a spanner (not sure if you can thread the Honda sensor connector through a ring spanner though.

Cheers Jon, I have ordered a 22mm o2 sensor socket, so hopefully it will fit!

***uming copper grease wont intefere with the sensor like it does with abs sensors.

I have usually apply some heat before removing just to be sure the threads dont strip!

Cheers guy, had to go back to the garage in the end to fit it cos i couldn't get the block nut off and didnt have the socket size either, even the mechanic couldn't get it off and he put it on!

Sensor is working well so far, so the genuine one is made by Denso.

Just a shame this crappy exhaust has ruined the car, sounds like a banger now and get loads of burning smell inside when pushing the car. :(

exec said:
Cheers guy, had to go back to the garage in the end to fit it cos i couldn't get the block nut off and didnt have the socket size either, even the mechanic couldn't get it off and he put it on!

Sensor is working well so far, so the genuine one is made by Denso.

Just a shame this crappy exhaust has ruined the car, sounds like a banger now and get loads of burning smell inside when pushing the car. :(
What do you mean by Crappy exhaust mate ? did you have a bad exhaust ?

Yeh had to replace most of the exhaust, which was replaced by cheap parts from ECP (cost me a fortune though) which seem to be made from tin foil, don't expect this to last very long and will probably have problems with emissions come the next MOT.

The exhaust I had from Kwik Fit was so much better and I moaned about that, but at least it had decent steel that was coated in some anti corrosion paint, this one is all bare metal with shoddy welding thats is probably going to burn off.