FK Automotive springs

gazbills

Members
Reaction score
Car
Black 2007 Sport GT
Guys, anybody tried out these springs before:

FK Automotive Springs

Seam awfully cheap comapred to the £160 Eibach's which must accord owners seam to be going for. About time I bit the bullet and got mine sitting at a sensible height on it's 18's. Haven't spent a penny on the car since it's service. Wife thinks I've got bored of it now... LOL. :)

Gaz, FK make reasonably decent stuff and are quite popular in the VW scene. However if you must do springs only, Eibach are the best in my opinion. Whilst FK make a lot of other stuff, Eibach are experts in suspension...

Hi Gaz, being a layman myself I felt the same way as you did really and wasn't sure about going for the Eibachs as recommended by a lot of people. I recently put on some 18s and they look good, but its obvious lowering will suit the car better. I know there are cheaper springs out there but yesterday I bit the bullet and decided to order the Eibach Pro kit, so I am looking forward to getting them on when delivered. This kit cost me £160.99 (free delivery) which is not a bad price as it was the cheapest I found on the internet.

This might be of interest to you: http://www.potn.co.uk/eibach-pro-kit-spring-kit-honda-accord-cu-limousine--sedan-20-24-ohne-automatic--0608--lowers-front-by-30-mm-and-rear-by-30-mm-e10400130122_p1333757.htm

I know its strongly recommended that you shouldn't use these springs with standard dampers as discussed at length in the forum, but at this point in time I don't think I will go for replacement dampers. This is purely because I've had the car for 4yrs and I feel that can now do mods without spending too much, at least for another year or two before I buy another car.
I'm also open to any ideas before I chuck em springs on
biggrin.gif

Guys, anybody tried out these springs before:

FK Automotive Springs

Seam awfully cheap comapred to the £160 Eibach's which must accord owners seam to be going for. About time I bit the bullet and got mine sitting at a sensible height on it's 18's. Haven't spent a penny on the car since it's service. Wife thinks I've got bored of it now... LOL. ;)

TBH mate, prob go the same route. Least Eibach are proven to work well on the Accord. The fitting cost is as much as the springs though lol. Not got the tech know how to do it myself unfortunately.

Good luck.

I know its strongly recommended that you shouldn't use these springs with standard dampers as discussed at length in the forum, but at this point in time I don't think I will go for replacement dampers.

Ummm thats not an opinion held by all and certainly not me, they are fine but again with alot of things it comes with a compromise.

Car is now booked in for half eight this saturday morning for a set of eibach's to be fitted. Feel like a kid on Xmas eve. Lol

Car is now booked in for half eight this saturday morning for a set of eibach's to be fitted. Feel like a kid on Xmas eve. Lol

Gaz thats great news mate I know you have wanted a drop for a while.

Yes its true coilovers are better and more flexible but for the money the eibachs really do work well.

Oh Ive picked up a new style honda H badge from a mate today, might look better on your grille if you want it give me a shout mate otherwise it will only gather dust.

It's well overdue mate.
Pretty funny that badge has popped up. It was only last week faddy sent me a diff mugen badge to try out. Do you mind uploading a pic of the badge? There's a black exec in Telford with red type r badges which looks pretty smart.

No need for a pic mate its the same as the one on my boot, the smaller size would look good IMO.

Nice one Gaz, it will really complete the look of the car once it's dropped

goodluck with that gaz,the accord will look much better with it being lowered bud,it sits way too high...

I finally had mine dropped a month ago shortly after my last post on this very topic. I only went went for the Eibach springs at £20 per corner. I was straight away impressed with the ride quality as it turned out better than I was expecting. Best of all is how mean and aggessive the car now looks now lowered. I commute to work daily on a bumpy B road, but the ride is still composed, with less body roll through round-abouts. Overall I'm pleased
biggrin.gif

Would advise anyone to go with Eibach springs, unfortunately when I bought my car it had been fitted with Apex springs and to be honest I found them really poor, on the diesel saloon anyway.