What's new

From a "Type R" to a "Type S"

Oooh, Dairy Milk purple. Looks very nice.
Glad it's not just me that thought or chocolate when i saw the colour :lol: :lol:

Lookin good buddy, reminds me of do-luck purple though, that was my first though. I've not got chocolate on the brain like some :lol:

The plasti dip stuff sounds good

The plasti dip stuff sounds good

Yes and No, it's all getting removed tonight - apart from the lower chrome surround on the grille.

Something to remember for those of you who are going to attempt it, take your time and mask up properly or remember to to take a blade a long the edges of the tape. Why, I removed all of the tape last night on one side of the car and took a Stanley blade along any part where the Plasti-dipp had cured/dried up to the tape. As I was gently removing it, I pulled up a small section, which you cannot just stick back down. In a rage, I pulled the whole thing off :blush:

The tin is finished so I cannot leave one piece in chrome with the rest in black so it is all coming off.

As a back up, and a more permanent solution, I have black vinyl that was recommended to me by a member in the states on the TSX Club. Better finish and more durable.

Thanks for the advice, I had been thinking of using plasti dip for the door trim. Some weeks back before the rains I had done the lower chrome door trims in 3M carbon vinyl. Yep it seems durable alright despite numerous car washes and bad weather. I will soon do it all again in matte black vinyl coz the carbon effect doesn't look right to me.

Ah well, at least noone can say you never tried your best buddy. Looks like vinyl is the safest option

I've been asked to show my car at a Phoenix Honda showroom in June and I'm also taking pictures on behalf of Total HONDA for the event also :lol:

Will get some images up of the engine bay shortly.

PJSP_733-1.jpg

The Mugen spoiler is in Primer at the moment. Colour and Lacquer going on this week.

PJSP_732.jpg

I had a few parcels from Japan delivered today also ;)

I think i heard something about that. Is that linwood honda or something?

Your CL9 is looking mighty fine buddy! Are you gonna have another go at the plasti dip on the sides?

Just saw you got some parcels from japan, dont tease us like that! At least get some pics up! B) :lol:

My apologies for the lack of pictures.

Had a couple of photo shoots over the weekend so pictures of my own pride and joy have been few and far between.

Lighting stands, Speedlites, and my Flash Slave Triggers arrived at the weekend though, so plenty of pictures to follow . . . in due course :blush:

I was taking pictures at a meet with the Civinfo Owners Club a couple of Sundays back and one of the Phoenix Mugen reps took a shining to my car. He casually handed me the Mugen brochure . . . . "it's all in bl***y Japanese" I said :lol: Told him that my wing was the only Mugen part on the car and that was a fake :wub:

Anyone attending the "Phoenix Rise and Shine" event at Phoenix Linwood on the 24th June 2012?

I'll be there, and I'm thinking of entering the ATS for the show and shine :D

Paul - looks amazing and I love your photography too !

Sorry to be a pain but can I ask for some more pics of the car with the Penta's on ?

I cant decide to swap my Type S alloys for some Penta's !

cheers

Ah right, photographic equipment B) I saw the pics of the f150 lightning thingy and i think i really need to send my car to you to spruce it up as it really needs it buddy :lol: Did he let you keep the brochure? lol

Not sure on the linwood meet, i might be a poss but ill know nearer the time

I saw the pics of the f150 lightning thingy and i think i really need to send my car to you to spruce it up as it really needs it buddy :lol:

I'll post up a thread on the F150 Harley Davidson Edition at some point but I need to add text to keep it topical.

For anyone else wanting to see, pictures can be found here - Fod F150 Harley Davidson - Supercharged

They were sized for a forum as some forums do not automatically re-size images :angry:

Remember to hit "Liked" if you like what you see.

As for your car mate, you know where I am if you need any advice or my services :)

I took pictures of my engine bay before going to work this morning so I'll try and get some up tonight :D

As promised, packages from Japan . . . nothing Mugen I'm afraid :wub:

PJSP_503.jpg

PJSP_502.jpg

Picture of the lower chrome surround plasti-dipped.

PJSP_484.jpg

Some more purple to be added :D

New Wheel Nuts -

PJSP_493.jpg

Earthing Kit that I've still to cut to length -

PJSP_495.jpg

And finally, a quick shot of the bay ( 1 week after detailing :( ) -

PJSP_483.jpg

I can't see the pics :( :( :( :( :(

YUM!!!!!!!! ;)

A few people i know have gone for the Cadburys purple, and have to say it is amazing! The little details look amazing dude!!!! They add soooo much to the overall look of the car, without being 'in your face'. Good job!!!! B) B) B) B)

lovin the purple accents buddy, the bonnet stay is one that i've never seen anyone ever paying any attention to, so its cool that you got that done purple too. Likin the new purchases too B)

I was given a price a week before by the Powder Coaters, so I thought "if it's metal it's getting coated" :p

PJSP_481.jpg

There is still loads to do under there, any bare metal is going to get polished up and you may have noticed that I've taken some coarse sand paper to the intake manifold and started on that.

Small update then.

Window chrome all wrapped, took me 2 nights but it looks OEM so I'm happy with that-

539843_365665930165214_1048417062_n.jpg

540904_365666366831837_514612168_n.jpg

548202_365666483498492_969353327_n.jpg

382406_365665853498555_1521204651_n.jpg

Purchased yet another shade of purple to add some colour to my engine bay ;)

Had the dremel out a couple of nights ago, went through 6 drill bits polishing components under the bonnet :(

Been eagerly awaiting an update, WOW!! Looks really nice with blacked out trim- perfectly done;)

Not my own pictures, I was working for Total Car Publications on the day of the event so my pictures will be featured in Total Honda.

Taken by another member on Civinfo -

TJCKnockhill484.jpg

TJCKnockhill483.jpg

What you don't see in the pictures is all the new fittings I've painted ;)

Will try and get some pictures up soon.

really like your car mate - its tidy

just wondering is the difference the handling / speed big between the type R and Type S?

Ive only ever been a passenger in a type R im just wondering if it holds the road as good.

Lookin super sharp;) Had my Koni Sports shocks installed today, I think they are really good- set them right & I would say they are better than standard. Koni FSDs are said to be way better than most.