What's new

From a "Type R" to a "Type S"

really like your car mate - its tidy

just wondering is the difference the handling / speed big between the type R and Type S?

Ive only ever been a passenger in a type R im just wondering if it holds the road as good.

Quick answer . . no :)

The ATR is a stripped out, recaro hugging, momo steering, LSD equipped saloon that holds a deer place in my heart.

The Type S needs a whole heap of money thrown at it to out handle an ATR.

That's not to say tha it doesn't handle well. In fact, a reporter from EVO called it the modern day Type R.

Of its generation, it was probably the best in its class. Its better than the Mazda 6 and Insignia that I had on loan recently ;)

Class car mate, how would you rate the koni compared to standard suspension for comfort? Does it feel bumpier?

KONI are class leaders. Lets be honest, the standard set up is good, but even Honda have to keep costs down.

Lookin super sharp;) Had my Koni Sports shocks installed today, I think they are really good- set them right & I would say they are better than standard. Koni FSDs are said to be way better than most.

Agreed, I set mine to the stiffest setting for a blast home yesterday. Great fun but I quickly reverted back to the comfort setting :D

I had a day away from the office yesterday which gave me an opportunity to try out some new equipment.

Quick set up shot for you ;)

PJSP_999_23_zpse2bcf07b.jpg

Nice, will check it out on FB;)

Very nice car Paul;)

Properly nice lookin cl9 mate, makes me miss mine, lol. A real credit to you and all the effort you have put in. Lovin the pics aswell....

very nice car!
what springs do you have ? what was the drop ?
From the picture it doesn't look to be crazy dropped which is good might mean you can use it daily without any major issues (regarding ground clearance) am I right ?

Loving the attention to detail! Whats your method for polishing the metal components?

Cheers
Martin

Properly nice lookin cl9 mate, makes me miss mine, lol. A real credit to you and all the effort you have put in. Lovin the pics aswell....

Thanks mate, the photography is my business and it looks as though detailing might end up that way also ;)

very nice car!
what springs do you have ? what was the drop ?
From the picture it doesn't look to be crazy dropped which is good might mean you can use it daily without any major issues (regarding ground clearance) am I right ?

AP Racing springs with a 40mm drop and the KONI's dampers are set on their lowest perch . . . never had any issues to date with clearance :)

Loving the attention to detail! Whats your method for polishing the metal components?

Cheers
Martin

Wet & Dry mate, metal wool then finish off with a polish with some Autosol ;)

I remember seeing this accord at knockhill at total jap car this year and spending ages walking round it. Truly stunning car mate, got a few pics of it somewhere. My red type s was parked over the other side close to the gate next the red evo and blue wr1 impreza. After seeing yours all I could think was, "shouldve bought a silver one" lol.

God I do love this car!! Some really classy mods buddy!

Did you get the whole bay sprayed or just around the edges?

The purple and Silver is such a winning combination, always thought Silver was a boring colour for any car (except maybe a db5) but you changed my mind!

Keep up tho good work!

God I do love this car!! Some really classy mods buddy!

Did you get the whole bay sprayed or just around the edges?

The purple and Silver is such a winning combination, always thought Silver was a boring colour for any car (except maybe a db5) but you changed my mind!

Keep up tho good work!

I stripped the parts of myself and sprayed them.

Cadbury purple . . . just had another tin delivered yesterday, going to do callipers next :)

I remember seeing this accord at knockhill at total jap car this year and spending ages walking round it. Truly stunning car mate, got a few pics of it somewhere. My red type s was parked over the other side close to the gate next the red evo and blue wr1 impreza. After seeing yours all I could think was, "shouldve bought a silver one" lol.

If you are looking for a detail then you know how to get hold of me :)

I did spend around 14 hours on it prior to the show. I had a lot of people asking about the brakes and suspension components as they thought it was all new.

I was the first car there on the day so I grabbed a prime spot on the Civinfo stand as I was working for Total HONDA that day, can't remember seeing another CL9 there :blush:

Love to see the pictures though, I've seen a few others on Clan Japan and another Scooby forum B)

what intake did you choose?

So so clean and tidy, not a massive fan of the purple but definately put your own stamp on it!

The injen intake is overrated, the k&n typhoon trashed it in heeltoes big test, quite an interesting read.

Looking forward to more pics and mods :)

So so clean and tidy, not a massive fan of the purple but definately put your own stamp on it!

The injen intake is overrated, the k&n typhoon trashed it in heeltoes big test, quite an interesting read.

Looking forward to more pics and mods :)

Not been on here in a while :eek:

Haven't spent much on the Accord recently, just the odd detail ;)

Full paint correction was carried out for a recent shoot for Honda Tuner magazine. That also included all four wheels being removed, suspension components degreased and painted and dampers degreased and sealed :wub:

The feature in Honda Tuner was only given 1 page, a rolling road day at Performance HQ in dalgety bay with Civinfo.

The Accord made 162whp, pleased as punch with that :D

Can't create a post and not leave a picture -

IMG_0091 by Paul J Smith Photography, on Flickr

Pick up this month's Banzai and my car gets a mention and a picture ;)

It was only a 1 page feature taken at a rolling road event but it's great to hear the Accord getting credit amongst all of the FD2's and FN2's.

Russ, the dyno operator on the day did comment on my car saying " this thing is immaculate, has it been mapped prior to today ".

My answer " No, just lots of oil chnages, keeping it clean and very rarely hitting V-Tec ".

Got a few parcels arriving soon, pictures to follow.

One for now though, will need to sell my KONI dampers and lowering springs if I do go ahead with this -

970181_502443383154134_2107664258_n.jpg

Good stuff Paul car is looking great! Do you know what it made at the flywheel?

Dyno operator gave me a breakdown according to their dyno, transmission losses etc and he estimated 209bhp.

He wasn't best pleased with me though as the car had been jet-washed, detailed and machine polished the day before. Exhaust system was full of moisture/condensation so they had to replace parts as everyone got covered in water vapour when it hit V-Tec :D

Haha brilliant! I will bear that in mind when i head to the rollers. Thats a nice 21 bhp gain on standard figures for the intake B)

You happy with the clutch and flywheel? Has it made a noticable difference driving? My release bearing is getting very noisy so will be another job to add to the list shortly :rolleyes:

This car looks better by the day:)

Haha brilliant! I will bear that in mind when i head to the rollers. Thats a nice 21 bhp gain on standard figures for the intake B)

You happy with the clutch and flywheel? Has it made a noticable difference driving? My release bearing is getting very noisy so will be another job to add to the list shortly :rolleyes:

Sorry for the late reply mate.

Clutch and flywheel are superb, the DC5 fly is a pretty sophisticated fly from factory so I was lucky to be offerred one at such a low price.

I needed a K20 fly as the ACT sports organic clutch is DC5/EP3 application only.

Had to get the full kit (inlcuding release bearing) as it was getting noisy on mine also.

I am a great believer in what you see on the outside, should be replicated under the bonnet.

So, as I spend most weekends detailing and photographing cars, I've had little time in the last year to bring my own up to standard.

As I was off work recently, I had time to park up the car in my garage and start paint, polishing and giving most things a ****** good clean.

Job number one, intake manifold -

1292855_4781412633108_1871563978_o.jpg

1269213_4781413713135_2002848743_o.jpg

Tools for the job -

1271124_4781414553156_1152676765_o.jpg

I had planned to remove rough casting and level it ready to be polished -

1276563_4781413073119_466659066_o.jpg

I knew the alloy would require polishing to keep the surface looking perfect so I opted for paint -

1276612_4781416753211_815366619_o.jpg

1268917_4781417273224_611440721_o.jpg