What's new

Front Drop Links

Blanco808

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Hi All

My front drop links need replacing and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of aftermarket based on their own experiences. Considering both as close to OEM as possisble or uprated.

Thanks

I have a set bought from Eurocar parts. Have been fine since fitted over 1.5 years ago. Obviously OEM is preferred but entirely up to you.

I fitted Meyle HD ('heavy duty') ones last year from an eBay seller... I believe them to be a lot better than the original ones, which are actually a very poor standard IMHO (rely upon plastic rivets to keep the joints together). But I've also heard good things about the ones sold by ECP (who have got a '50% off summer clearance' sale on at the moment).

Perfect gents, I was actually watching those Meyle HD ones on ebay Jon so thats good news if they are going strong. Will check out what ECP's have on offer. Thanks again fellas

I have ECP ones on mine and seem fine so far, but I also don't think the originals are as bad as everyone seems to think. Their construction might not appear the best but mine lasted 140k before they needed changing and I remember changing very similar looking ones on my brothers 6th gen when that had done over 100k

The Meyle ones have spanner flats on, so you stand a chance of getting them off again without destroying them. I've got front and rears fitted, so far so good. Both came with the wrong part number (Alfa fitment?), but with an ***urance they were the right ones for the car. Sure enough they fit just fine :)

Matt said:
The Meyle ones have spanner flats on, so you stand a chance of getting them off again without destroying them. I've got front and rears fitted, so far so good. Both came with the wrong part number (Alfa fitment?), but with an ***urance they were the right ones for the car. Sure enough they fit just fine :)
agreed, flat spanner fit ones are easier to take off

Supurb guys thanks. Always good to have a few opinions. As you say in that other thread Jon I think I was quoted about the £50 a piece from HH when I tried them, it's just not worth it

Hoping I am not teaching you to suck eggs here but a wee tip for getting the old standard ones off.
Chisel the white plastic rivets off the back and you will find they will then knock off with ablow of a hammer. Cut the plastic off the ball and then get a pair of vice grips on there.