What's new

Front grill change

properjob

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord mk7
Hi guys,

I've just bought myself a 57 plate diesel accord with the huge chrome grill. I'm just wondering what options are available to change it as it's the only part of the car I don't like. I was thinking maybe a debadged grill without the bars? Are these out there?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Hi Scott, have a look on eBay, type in Honda Accord grill and it should bring up results, remember it's a Facelift 06-08 model :).

Fandango said:
I dismantled mine (4 pieces), and wrapped the chrome look bits it in a carbon fibre look vinyl.

Cost me £4 and looks great.
Any link to where you got your vinyl from? That's MEGA cheap and thinking about doing the same but matte black.

I did my grill with matt black Plasti Dip. You can easily remove the grill and then remove the chrome parts, so you can spray them well.

IMG_1674.jpg

That looks pretty cool! Nice job!

Can the middle bar be removed? I'd really like an open grill with mesh preferably. Not a big fan of badges!

properjob said:
That looks pretty cool! Nice job!

Can the middle bar be removed? I'd really like an open grill with mesh preferably. Not a big fan of badges!

No, it can't be removed. You can only remove the chrome. When you want an open grill, you need to go for the OEM Euro-R grill.

Does the euro r grill fit the facelift? May be a silly question but I'm new to the accord and unfamiliar with the differences!

The type-s grill will be easier to get hold of than a euro accord R (depends on your budget though since you can buy them new) I would think and it's an open mesh grill with a large H. If you'd rather have no H at all then the Mugen grill fits the bill!

Hi guys, still looking into this but still need to know if the pre face grill will fit the facelift!? Obviously the bonnet trim will be out of the question lol, but what about the rest of it??

Hi guys, still looking into this but still need to know if the pre face grill will fit the facelift!? Obviously the bonnet trim will be out of the question lol, but what about the rest of it??
did u ever get a mesh grill to find your facelift?