What's new

Front Impact sensor

Peterbfd

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen GT
Hi All, would anyone know the part number for a Front Left Impact sensor for the 8th Gen ?

I had to look at some of your other posts to find out your car, but all I could find was 2.0 petrol

I've ***umed it's also Saloon with 6-gear manual gearbox.

Not sure if any of that makes a difference, but here is the page for the SRS bits in Lings for 2009 4-door 6-gear 2.0 ES-GT

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17TL1901&block_02=B__1341&block_03=3340

If you want to find parts, best to start here
http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_catalogue_C01.php

when you want the proper Honda part numbers on a page, remove "_pfk" from the url of the page (as I did in the first link)

hope this helps ;)

Yep that helps a great deal.

Based on the diagram, the front left impact sensor is Number 4 @ £156.47.

Part number = 77930 TC0 H21

I have found a cheaper one on eBay here which I ***ume if the same...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301362411786?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

This however states drivers side, I ***ume the left side sensor if the passenger side ?

I will first take the bumper off and remove the sensor and have a good look at regarding part number (if there is one on there) and the shape to confirm it is the same as the one on eBay

Saying that what if I buy the wrong part, which side if the Left (from facing the car or being in it????)
May be wise just to go to Honda but that would cost £80 for diagnosic, up to £200 for the part and labour on top of that.....

two points

1. items 3 and 4 in the Lings are both FR (presumably FRont) . Item 3 part number ends H11 and looks like it is the Front Right on the schematic. Item 4 part number ends H21 and looks like it is the Front Left on the schematic.

2. the ebay one ends H210-M1, on that basis it could be Front Left, but note that it's from a diesel, and also car-parts sellers on ebay don't know their @rse from their elbow most of the time

Also, re-check on Lings using your VIN number, because I might have the wrong page too :eek:

Yes, I did recheck using my VIN and it was the correct page as your link.

The sensor on the Lings diagram has a number 17 screw (Bolt Torx Earth)
I ***ume this is mainly if you need one, i.e have it missing and that I can reuse what I have holding the old one.

I have spent £70 so far and have had it diagnosed now 4 times with different people telling different things.
Today and Auto Electrician said he checked all the wiring and he confirmed that this was OK and therefore it needed the Sensor replacing.

I either :

Buy the £50 sensor off eBay and fit it myself and fingers crossed this is the solution.

Or go to Honda who would defo fix it but for approx £300 to £400 ish pounds.

decisions, decisions......(MOT due on the 14th)

Just a couple of other questions :

I ***ume although the sensor is from a diesel, it would be OK ?
Would the airbag light just not come back on if fixed or would I have to pay to get it reset ?

I can't see why the ebay sensor would not be ok, it's basically the same part number

I don't know if the airbag light would stay on if it the sensor does actually fix the issue. If the light does stay on, you can try disconnecting the -ve battery lead for half an hour, then reconnect the battery. This sometimes resets the ECU.

the easiest way to check is to take the ebay part number and call a Honda dealer and tell them you want the left sensor/front passenger being inside the car and they will confirm the correct part number.

OK thanks

The one on eBay is for £50 and I have also sourced another one for £45 delivered and I can also make a lower offer on it (Parts Gateway).
Think I will buy one and give it a go. If it works and is the only problem I have, it will save me a lot of money.

Then I can start thinking about rear Calipers, Discs and Pads next, that's after the MOT and Major service....

I really appreciate your help on this one, Thank you

Just an update :

I Have just removed the Impact Sensor and the part number = 77930 TC0 H210-M1 which is the same as the one on eBay.
(sensor plug wrapped up so it does not to get wet)

The one on eBay is local and I am collecting the part tomorrow and fitting it tomorrow evening.
Fingers crossed the light just stays off.

If not I will arrange for someone to reset the system and then hopefully it will then stay off.

Worst case, the light stays on and then I will have no alternate but to book it in to Honda to sort.

Fingers crossed, I deserve a bit of luck !

I was going to suggest that you look for the part number on the sensor on the car, great minds think alike LOL

Not long before you find out if the light goes out, hope it will ;)

One quick question :

I Need for the passenger side - Part No 77930-TC0-H21

The one advertised on eBay stated this number.
However when I went to collect it the part number was - 77930-TC0-H11

This part number is the sensor for the drivers side.

They look identical, do you think this would be OK to use ?
(why would they have different numbers if they are the same ?)

I would say they are fine to use if they physically fit. Sometimes sensors are sided for fitting reasons

I am thinking the same Fahad.
Think I will get it tomorrow and fit it.

The drivers side is positioned upside down to the passengers side so that the plug fits on from the wheel side (white bit is the bottom of the sensor)

Drivers Side

Passenger Side

Hopefully the airbag light will just stay off (or it may need a reset?)

PS - Hope you enjoyed your time away (shame about the luggage)

Well, bought the Impact sensor and fitted it.

IT WORKS !!!!!!

Thank god for that, one less thing to worry about.

If it did not work, I would have no alternative but to go to Honda and it would have costed approx. £350+
Instead this part only cost me £40

Just rear Calipers, Disc, Pads, MOT and Major service to sort next week.
Once all this has been done the car will be in top nick and hopefully problem free for many years to come. :D

Once again thank you all who have commented and guided me, it is really appreciated.

Nice one. Yep had a great holiday mate thanks