What's new

front lip now on

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
right guys, have been waiting anxiously to fit the front lip on my car, with Excellent help from our pal javjav(couldnt have done it without him, so thankyou so much buddy :) ) i started on it:

first step was to remove the two black covers next to the fog lights, these just get pushed out:
IMAG0323.jpg

the second step was to take off the fog light surrounds, these will just pull out:
IMAG0321.jpg

there is one screw in the corner of the fog light surround which can be hard to try and take out
IMAG0322.jpg

this is how it should look with both the black bits next to the fog light and both fog light surround off:
IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

the next stage was to clean the bumper(without any polish) to provide a clear surface for the 3m tape to stick on to, i had also taken the number plate off so its not in the way. Also i had laid down some thick card board under the front bumper so if the lip was dropped it should not scratch:
IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

the next step is to take the front six black bolts off under the front bumper, then the underspoiler should clip off the bumper.you will then need to sit the front lip on the bumper (with the 3m tape tabs sticking out,so you can remove them easily), it may need slight adjusting(pulling and pushing,lol)but should fit very nicely...the brackets on the bumper should match the bolt holes under the bumper(although not all align properly):
IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

i then started to pull away the 3m tape tabs and applied pressure in each of the areas to make sure they attached properly to the bumper,i also managed to bolt the front four bolts out of six, and also the 2 side peircing screws on either side of the front wheel arches.

and hey presto...all done .... :D

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

so again a big THANKYOU TO JAVAJAV FOR HIS SUPPORT AND HELP...NICE ONE BUD.. B)

excellent bro !! you followed my instructions pretty well eh! lol

you car looks better and better each time! well done it's a real credit to you bro!

euro r grill next?! ;)

lol, the honda instructions should be re-written with your one bro as it is much better..lol...
thanks bro, a few more exterior mods to do antill i am happy with the outside (twin exhaust, rear lip, maybe rear window/roof spoiler)but defo getting euro r grill ;)

That looks like a nice job.

But just out of interest what happens with the the hole next to the fog light thats used as an air intake was for the intercooler, does this just get filled in by the new lip, and would it affect performance?

Matt

thanks matt, there is holes in the air duct bit in the lip to take in air, as well as the big hole in the middle lol..imsure because its an oem honda part, it should not really afect the car in any bad way be it performance or anything else.

Schwing

Looks good bro. How long did it take to fit? Your not as low as me yet though hehe. Soon though right?!

Looks good bro. How long did it take to fit? Your not as low as me yet though hehe. Soon though right?!

LOL thanks bro,all in all it took about 1and half hours to do,start to finish,the only problem was.trying the screw in the corner of the fog surround and trying to align the bolt holes once the lip was put on,other than that nice and easy. No way as low as you bro, YET! LOL,but will be bro ;) how's your front lip coming along,I'm missing front euro r grill then front done.

Bro the car looks very nice indeed, and its sits vey nice too. Top marks to Jav, he seems to be helping everyone this week lol

Thanks bro, thinking maybe a tad lower,but Mr cl7 would say much lower LOL, but yeah javjav is helping everyone this week, well I owe him a munch .

lol got Shabz & Sufian wanting to buy me a meal now ;) lol

thanks for the comments guys, after all we are here to help each other so its all good :)

thanks again chaps

such a big difference bro, looks even better now! B)

Thanks neil bro,nearly done... :) bud ..lol there's always something.

Well well, that looks proper sweet dude. Got any plans for the grille- Type S one perhaps???

Yeah ash mate the kit is oem part from honda, superb stuff from Honda holdcroft who also threw in the fixings...lol thanks mutsaip,yeah bro got a few other things up my sleve lol ;)

Jealous mate, looks awesome. Do you mind me asking how much HH charge for the front splitter? Really tough to get one of flea bay in black. Waiting on my mate to get rear splitter painted, been 5 months now.

Jealous mate, looks awesome. Do you mind me asking how much HH charge for the front splitter? Really tough to get one of flea bay in black. Waiting on my mate to get rear splitter painted, been 5 months now.

if i remember correctly buddy is worked out 360.00 or near abouts, they are extremely rare to come about second hand (have never seen a second hand one) yeah iv got the rear lip waiting to be painted too lol,