What's new

Front Passenger Door Rattle

fatmax

Members
Reaction score
Car
es gt est auto
hi ever 1 first post.just got the car and ever now and then there is a slight rattle on the front passenger door down near speaker.sounds like 2 Pieces of plastic
vibrating. How do you get the door card off thanks andy
(accord es gt auto est 58 plate)

hi ever 1 first post.just got the car and ever now and then there is a slight rattle on the front passenger door down near speaker.sounds like 2 Pieces of plastic
vibrating. How do you get the door card off thanks andy
(accord es gt auto est 58 plate)

Andy, Welcome to Type Accord!!

I had a rattle on my passenger door and while it sounds like its coming from a different part of the door card it was actually the blank plastic plate at the top of the handle where they would place the memory seat buttons on a LH drive car.

But to remove the door card do the following:

1. lower the window and pop of the tweeter by the mirror - pull from the side closest to the window.
2. using a small blade screw driver remove the blanking plate behind the door handle - there is 2x phillip head screws in here.
3. pop out the memory seat buttons or the blanking plate with the small screw driver (unplug if buttons) - 1x phillip screw behind here.
4. using the same screw driver pop out the window control switches & unplug - 1x phillip screw under here.
5. sames screw driver lift out the blanking cover next to the window switches in the door handle - 1x phillip screw in here.
6. now starting at the leading plastic edge of the door card by where you removed the tweeter just a good tug and it should pop the first clip. Follow all the way down and round the door card and it will start popping of quite easy. Once all un popped just lift up the door card off the window lip, remember that you will have to disconnect the door lock cable unless you can see the problem.

I know on my drivers door i had a buzzing, it ended up being the plastic screen seal that they place over the inner door to prevent water getting into the door. I found this was slack and vibrating.

I have put some pictures in below showing the screw locations!! Hope these help.....

This is an easy job so dont be worried about giving the door card a good tug to release those clips.

IMG01264-20120218-1441.jpg

IMG01265-20120218-1442.jpg

IMG01266-20120218-1444.jpg

Andy if your still in the 3 year warrenty then your covered mate.

This was a good video I found for removing door cards on an 8th gen

Has anyone got any pictures or a video link of how to utilise the old speakers as adapters for fitting new speakers? I am trying to fit some focal speakers at the minute and the screw holes dont seem to line up where I would like.

Have a chat with jav he changed all his speakers on his 7th gen.
The holes might be similar

Hi all took panel off this morning and it’s a blown speaker. was there any call backs on this .mine is a jan 2009 on a 58 plate thanks

It looks like your cars out of warranty but I believe they should still replace them any way as the speakers "were not fit for there purpose" They speakers have blown because Honda uprated the stereo but not the speakers so the extra power blows them. I've just changed my fronts to some focals and the sound is much better now. If you know how to take the door card off it wouldn't take long to put some better ones in any way ;) .

thanks ever one .will ring honda up on tuesday see what they say.if not ebay here i come