What's new

Front/rear disc size

a_reactor

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-VTEC
Hi

I'm about to renew my front/rear pads and the disc. I think that they're R260 and F280mm but then I looked I found 300mm front discs. I do have a couple of questions. What is original size on my accord 06 2.0 EX and if original front disc 280mm would I be able to fit 300mm disc using same caliper?

What are your thoughts

Some 2.0 cars came with the 300mm discs but I think it's only those that 17' wheels from the factory.

Otherwise your car will have 280mm front and 260mm rear. If you have 280mm discs at the front, your current calipers will not accomodate the 300mm discs (I know as I sold my old calipers to someone with a 2.0 that wanted to fit 300mm discs).

Actually I think the caliper itself fits but you need the 300mm carriers if you can get them from a breaker without the caliper.

Some 2.0 cars came with the 300mm discs but I think it's only those that 17' wheels from the factory.

Otherwise your car will have 280mm front and 260mm rear. If you have 280mm discs at the front, your current calipers will not accomodate the 300mm discs (I know as I sold my old calipers to someone with a 2.0 that wanted to fit 300mm discs).

Actually I think the caliper itself fits but you need the 300mm carriers if you can get them from a breaker without the caliper.

Thank you for the replay.

My wheels 17" factory ones then I guess my disc 300mm

Well fingers crossed mate.

Found the answer, if factory weals 14" then front 280mm, factory 16"< then 300mm.

Thinking to buy from EBC after reading few posts but before ordering from there I want to ask maybe anyone have discount for the part?

Pm an admin bud, they might miss the thread...

No 7th gen Accord ever came with 14" rims dude. I believe 15" or 16" stock rims meant 280mm disc.

They look odd enough on 15's as it is :lol:

14"...am i reading correctly ..... lol. if you think about it. It's a bit strange that wheel size dictates the size of the disc? It just seems a bizarre way to choose them.

Sorry, my mistake there were 15 "and 16" factory and 17 "optional from 2003 to 2006.

And from 2006 to 2008 face lift added a 18 "optional

https://picasaweb.google.com/AurimasM83/Cars?authkey=Gv1sRgCIS2zdaehPbsdQ&feat=directlink#5651576491446566546

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/eNzMriDlAxZgciiSx-8fiwUFRCxjE3CiNU7FEAjfaro?feat=directlink

Aurimas, the best way to know for sure would be to remove the front wheel and measure the disc. there's a good 20mm difference between two so I'm sure it won't be hard to get the right measurement.

Aurimas, the best way to know for sure would be to remove the front wheel and measure the disc. there's a good 20mm difference between two so I'm sure it won't be hard to get the right measurement.

Thanks F6HAD already did "300mm"