What's new

Front seats

julekasMobilek

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hello guys, has anybody tried to renew front seats?
Mine has minor tearing of the leather, left bolster, so i'm thinking how to fix them.
I live in EU, so i don't know if UK Accords left seat is interchangeable with EU left seat. (because airbag is on the left), o i need left seat.
or maybe change only the leather, if possible. Any ideas?

I think the front seats are the same LHD/RHD only difference will be the driver seat has more adjustment.
Just the bolster should be fine to change, probably the foam will be bad as well.

It might be fixable if the foam isn't too bad but it's easy to do badly. If you have some skills it's mostly a question of using the right products....you'll need a backing, adhesive, leather filler and paint to match. Plenty of leather repair kits available and youtube is your friend.

Last edited:
Here is the problem:

b75f0ffe926cef6b6a678e3b87080709.jpg

a663d476a369b977165a5ed6d48b86f9.jpg

30b8685813570c915f40e9132f0ad439.jpg

How do you guys suggest to fix it?

Its very odd place to tearing lether, this is not "working surface" per say, or anything else :(

I would glue the outer leather down to the backing then look to colour anything visibly white with some form of dye/paint. It won't be a perfect finish but would be a lot less visible to the eye.

Probably a kit available for this sort of thing as I'm guessing leather sofas etc would be similar.

(Sorry Didn't read ant dad's reply before posting)