What's new

Front suspension works

simontown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord Tourer
Noticed a squeak from front end drivers side....took along to my friendly tech and diagnosed failed front lower wish bone compliance bush and upper wish bone ball joint....already replaced lower wishbone on passenger side....

Gone for Honda bush only this time and a Blueprint upper wishbone total cost around £100-00 in parts

Sprayed all the nuts and bolts with penetrating oil tonight so hopefully they won't resist too much....if all goes well I'll be talking to Fahad again to get EGR off sorted at last...each time I get near something else comes up

Three hours this evening and front end all sorted including tracking.....so all should be well for now...not too tough a job to be honest as long as you have the right tools. Plenty of penetrating oil on all the nuts and bolts before is a real must...had to drop the damper to make room for the removal of the upper wishbone....front compliance bush easily removed from lower wishbone as basically knackered pushed out broken rubber...cut out metal surround and levered it out and pressed in the replacement. Perfect.....feels much tighter....now need to save up again for EGR off...

Good stuff mate, what did you use to press the new bush in? I have to replace one on mine soon but don't have a press, although I'm thinking of getting one.