What's new

Fuel Consumption on ES GT Diesel Manual

rfm943

Members
Reaction score
Car
ESGT Tourer-2011
I am in the process of negotiating a deal on a pre-reg ES GT DTEC (2011 facelift model).

Previously I had a 7th gen i-CTDI and achieved a mpg figure of 52 over the 55k miles that I drove it. What is the likelihood that the new car would be able to match that - I see for example that the new car has 17 inch wheels, is this likely to affect it?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Have a little search there was a thread with members mpg on the 8th
Have a look at the link

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8620-mpg-24-petrol-vs-22idetec-auto/

I have the same I-DTEC engine in my EX.

I regularly attain, on motorway runs, anywhere between 55-70mpg with little/no fuss at all.

Urban, depending on how heavy I plant my foot - it can vary wildly from a horrific 25mpg to 45mpg. On average though, local runs etc, I get 40+mpg. More than the car, its driving styles that affect the true MPG figure. No two cars/drivers will ever record the same fuel burn.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for information.

The Merc that I am currently running gets nowhere near the official figures in returning around 44 mpg overall over 8k miles (on 16 inch tyres) whilst its official "average" is in the high 50s. Officially it is considerably more economical than the Accord so this was my concern and the reason for raising the issue, particularly given the fatter tyres.

Interestingly my wife's Golf Plus BlueMotion seems to be able to exceed the govt figures if driven carefully (70.1 mpg today on a 120 mile round trip to the seaside). As you will gather I am a fairly light-footed driver.

Hi Robert. I've just bought the EX GT (manual) and the only way I can get 50+ mpg is to reset the trip while already on the motorway :( . So far Im getting 45mpg round country A/B roads. I`m still in the middle of seeing what my average is but I was expecting to get an easy 47+mpg so its not too far off what I was expecting.

Hi Robert. I've just bought the EX GT (manual) and the only way I can get 50+ mpg is to reset the trip while already on the motorway :( . So far Im getting 45mpg round country A/B roads. I`m still in the middle of seeing what my average is but I was expecting to get an easy 47+mpg so its not too far off what I was expecting.
I always run mine to the fuel light add 20 ltrs and run to fuel light nearly always get 190miles, that's generally local driving. mpg computer generally reads no more than 36mpg so must be wrong...