What's new

FUEL PRESSURE LOW AFTER INJECTOR REPLACEMENT NO START

SOLIDSNAKE

Members
Reaction score
Car
HONDA ACCORD ES-GT
Hi, I cant get the car started.

Fuel pressure reads 24BAR on crank, there are no leaks using 4 reconditioned injectors, no HDS DTC, no leaks, what do I do?

New fuel filter replaced and primed till solid, primed after each crank.

Glow plugs are all glowing on crank.

Have tried Easy start, failed.

I have been at it for days, any ideas/help would be really appreciated.

Injectors coded?

if you are stuck maybe you need a mobile pro diagnostics person to diagnose the fault

plenty of parts are available second hand for these - even if its the fuel pump you can get one for sensible money on ebay, £100 to £150

Are your injectors coded? If you have a hds have you checked calibration under inspection menu?

I have coded the injectors, but am still having issues with the power and running of the engine It sounds like there is a hiss when accelerating, the system is not in limp mode its like a cylinder is low compression, should that flag a DTC?

I am having a huge amount of white smoke on start as well as accelerating, there is also small amounts of white smoke on idle. The oil light came on today and the car completely turned off. I am not sure but I feel it is burning oil. The car turned back on when I topped up the oil a little.

There is no compression sensor, so there will not be a DTC raised for this.

Consumption of engine oil is a worrying development... if you're having to top-up the oil, but there's no leaks then this is quite possible and would lead to white smoke. But I cannot imagine how your recent engine work could have led to this.

Agree that this could be a turbo issue, but odd that it became a problem during unrelated work.

How did you get the engine started... the fuel pressure being so low was a problem, so what changed?