What's new

Fuel smell and power loss cdti

Hondany

Reaction score
Car
Accord sport cdti
Ive notice my 08 gen7 cdti hasn't been pulling as hard recently. I can smell diesel type smell inside the cabin and outside the car the last few days. In the bay the smell seems to be coming from the aux belt side at the back. I'm thinking it might be the exhaust manifold or injectors, possibly an exhaust leak. I'm not sure with mine being an 08 plate it might have the updated manifold from factory.
Ive had a stage one remap, does anyone know standard boost pressure and what stage one boost pressure is?

If you can smell fumes then investigate that first. Most likely cracked manifold or yes even leaking injectors (although they tend to make a chuffing sound).

Ive notice my 08 gen7 cdti hasn't been pulling as hard recently. I can smell diesel type smell inside the cabin and outside the car the last few days. In the bay the smell seems to be coming from the aux belt side at the back. I'm thinking it might be the exhaust manifold or injectors, possibly an exhaust leak. I'm not sure with mine being an 08 plate it might have the updated manifold from factory.
Ive had a stage one remap, does anyone know standard boost pressure and what stage one boost pressure is?
Hi Mate, was it the Manifold? did you get it fixed? how much? thanks