What's new

Gearbox mount replacement diy

ally

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 ivtec
Anyone know if this is a diy?
Its the lower rear mount on the gearbox and possibly the side one as well that are down as 'defective' on the latest mot.
Ive ordered the rear mount for the gearbox and wonder if its easy enough to do. Im going to be doing drop links as well and know what to expect with those but no idea how big a job this. For a cl7 2.0 ptrl

Thats great thanks. I believe its the one to the rear of the gear box so hopefully dont need to take away the battery?
Il defo give it a try with also needing to change rear drop links and brake pads all round and having just done the clutch need to save the pennies.
A great car with alot of wear and tear stuff happening at the same time

Hmm. I ordered it from holdcroft yesterday.
They said it has an upper mount and 3 lower mounts- front, side and rear.

Ive got the part now, this video shows the location of the side and rear mounts.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=iSlg71Hf6zg

Mine is the 2nd one the guy covers in the video.
For diy as in the video need to slightly raise the transmission to access 2 bolts. I dont have a hydraulic jack so reckon il need the garage to do the job. Its 4 bolts in total so hopefully half hours labour if im lucky
Also im not 100% certain it is the rear mount that needs replacing as i didnt pay attention when the mechanic pointed it out at the mot. I did ask him twice before ordering and he said its the rear.
Just an fyi the part was £41 from HH but with the TA discount it came to £39.58 with free delivery. If it turns out to be the side mount thats £65 from HH. Also apparently these can only be obtained from Honda or a scrapyard.

A scissor jack and a couple of blocks are as good as a hydraulic jack.

Small hydraulic floor jacks are pretty cheap these days and one of your neighbours or friends is bound to have one you can borrow.

i did consider that but couldn't find anything online to suggest someone has tried it before. Its a good shout.

Especially after I went to the garage this morning and found out its actually the side mount that was required not the rear :blush:

Will speak to HH on monday and get the correct mount ordered and see if we can do a return on the rear mount.