What's new

General Service - Oil Change, etc

efalon

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2
Hi

apologies in advance for my silly question, but I certainly have no experience on the matter.

For a basic general service, change of oil and filter, change of air and ac filters, change of brake pads, does a mechanic need any special Honda tools or any other tools would work?

Also, does a 4 litre oil can be enough for a complete oil change or the Diesel 8th gen version, needs more then that?

thanks in advance.

Hi, no special tools required at all. I would also have the Fuel Filter done, and then it's a complete engine service.

You will need around 6 litres for that car from memory, so 4 will not be enough. Please ensure you use an oil that is DPF compliant as the 8th gen IDTEC has a Diesel particulate filter and a non DPF oil will cause ash contamination (not a good thing).

Hi, no special tools required at all. I would also have the Fuel Filter done, and then it's a complete engine service.

You will need around 6 litres for that car from memory, so 4 will not be enough. Please ensure you use an oil that is DPF compliant as the 8th gen IDTEC has a Diesel particulate filter and a non DPF oil will cause ash contamination (not a good thing).

cheers mate