What's new

Gentle Beeping Sound

Accordaz

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda CRV 2.2 i-DTEC
Just noticed over the last 2 days a gentle beeping sound which repeats for a short time, then goes, and wondered what it could be as nothing pops up on the dash; any idea's plz?

have you got some extra kit like a bluetooth fitted ?

edit: the car is pre-facelift ?

as far as I know, it doesn't have one, but comes on in series on beeps, so, unsure why; will try my tablet in it tomorrow and see if it picks up anything! The car's on a 53 plate.

are you sure the handbrake is not left on or its thinking its on. You get a beeping from that also when driving and engaged

I always disengage the brakes, and no red light displays, although it does work!

It's not the engine-off+keys out of ignition+door open sound is it? You know to make sure you don't leave your lights on. If a sensor/switch somewhere is faulty, it could be triggering this perhaps?

Accordaz said:
as far as I know, it doesn't have one, but comes on in series on beeps, so, unsure why; will try my tablet in it tomorrow and see if it picks up anything! The car's on a 53 plate.
your's is pre-facelift, so it doesn't come with bluetooth as standard, I just wondered if a previous owner had fitted something somewhere along those lines

Jon_G said:
Is the beeping the same as when you drive without having a seatbelt on?
maybe the seatbelt sensor is knackered (along the lines of Steve's post)

Stevearcade said:
It's not the engine-off+keys out of ignition+door open sound is it? You know to make sure you don't leave your lights on. If a sensor/switch somewhere is faulty, it could be triggering this perhaps?
reasonable hypothesis

got me thinking about what's changed recently to possibly cause this issue, and I had my 2 key fobs reprogrammed last weekend, so perhaps whatever the locksmith did, has caused this?

after further investigation, I found the answer; it was the SatNav GPS 'Alert' function which was set to alert me when I was in my postcode area even though I had the SatNav unit turned off; anyway, turned it off in settings, and no more beeping!