What's new

Glovebox light always on

hitman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CTDi
On the drive home this evening I happened to notice that the whlist the glovebox was closed the light inside it remains on as I could see light leaking out from the top of it. I opened the glovebox and didn't notice any switches that would turn the glovebox light off. I just wondered if you guys could confirm that there is no switch and if perhaps you may be seeing light leak out also from a slightly poorly fitting glovebox lid?

Hello mate. I'm sure this has come up a few times... The glove box light always stays on when your headlights are on. When your headlights are off, the glove box light will also be off. Weird I know.. But that's the way it is lol. And there is no switch to turn it off, just to confirm.

This is the case..always on when your headlights are on.

I couldn't believe it when I first noticed it. Seems like a really unnecessary cheap cost cutting measure on what is otherwise a good quality car.

Surely they could have stuck a micro switch in their for not-a-lot?

Thanks for confirming guys. Seems a bit odd but still a great car.

I'll just have to adjust the glovebox lid perhaps to make it close tighter.

As the guys said

was not aware of this at all.

I only found out recently the car locks itself it left unattended also.

anything else i need to find out..?

got the slide arm rest and under storage place, anything else..?

got the slide arm rest and under storage place, anything else..?

Press the lock button twice to deadlock. I don't know if it does this automatically after a certain amount of time if the lock button is pressed only once.

I only found out recently the car locks itself it left unattended also.

Mine doesn't.

What it does do though, if the car is locked and you go to it and use the remote to unlock it, but go back into the house without opening one of the four doors, when you come back it has re-locked iteslf. However, if you open one of the four dorrs before going back into the house, then when you come back is has not re-locked iteself. My goldfish worked that one out for me. It also told me to make sure that the windows are all shut else if it rains then the seats get wet :lol: :lol:

i think them japs were crazy f***kers who designed this accord.

i can imagine the dialogue they were doing when designed this car....