What's new

Glow Plug Light Flashes

Accord125

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 I-CTDI EXECUTIVE
Car at high acceleration starts to shudder and lose power and the glow plug light starts to flash.

Any answers as to what is happening please

Thanks

Yep... search out the DIY and get your spanners out. Fault code should clear itself after a couple of starts.

In my experience this also happens when you are low on fuel and boots it on the start of an incline.

Abdul - sorry I couldn't speak earlier, been on the road all day. The guys are right, change your fuel filter for a new HONDA item. It's just restricted fuel pressure most likely.

given it is the glow plug warning light it is not uncommon for the glow plug controll unit to fail or could be failing glow plugs. annother problem is a poor contact between the top of the glow plugs and the 1 pin connectors that push onto them. not mutch that can be done in this instance other than replace the wiring loom. (that is worst case senario). THE FIRST!!!!! thing to do is get the DTC CODES! read. its always a good thing replacing fuel filters but if the dtc code is glow plug circuit malfuntion you are just wasting your time. get the code read and go from there. should cost you no more than £30 and doesnt need to be from a honda dealer but would be ideal.