What's new

Got 5 fault codes need help!

murphy_sy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 icdti
Hi all wondering if any of you can help me find out why my dash is lit up like a christmas tree? Scaned the car tonight and got 5 fault codes which were:
P0087
P1065
P16A4
P16A2
P0344
Had a quick look on the web but cant seem to find any that match the codes I have here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all wondering if any of you can help me find out why my dash is lit up like a christmas tree? Scaned the car tonight and got 5 fault codes which were:
P0087
P1065
P16A4
P16A2
P0344
Had a quick look on the web but cant seem to find any that match the codes I have here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
P0087 & P1065 relate to low fuel/fuel rail pressure, often caused by a dodgy fuel filter.

P16A4 & P16A2 relate to ECU internal issues, usually caused by low battery voltage.

P0344 relates to the camshaft position sensor.

Some of these codes might have been stored in the ECU for a long time and may no longer relate to a current problem. Delete them all and see what come back! What problems are you curently having with your car?

The car is running all right. It did cut out on me a few weeks ago as I was overtaking and didnt start again untill I left it for a few minutes, it also stalls when you throtle hard sometimes but stays running those codes would explain these problems. I also have 4 lights on- vsa light, abs light, triangle warning light and the hand brake light is on all the time. Cleared the codes tonight and all lights still on.

Cam position is probably a red herring as this can often be tripped if the car has cut out or is failing to re-start after cutting out. I would say it relates to the other two and is most likely a fuel issue (either fuel filter or frozen fuel if it's been very cold where you are).

The other two are nothing to worry about.

Haven't had a chance to scan the car after clearing fault codes been moving house. Hopefully get a chance to scan it again tomorrow, will let you know what faults have returned if any. All these lights are still on as well just wondering will this have somthing to do with the braking system?