What's new

Got HID

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
OK so I sold out and got HIDs, even though I said I was against them. :D Big thanks to Adam (TheHole) for supplying and fitting for me, and also taking me out in the stage1 trying to persuade me it's a good idea! ;)

Haven't been out in proper dark yet but they are MUCH better already, they do seem to be pointing a bit too far left, like the offside lamp is pointing to the same place as the nearside, but that may well be because they're brighter than I'm used to lighting up the pavement a lot more - I'll have to give it a while and see what I think - at least they're not pointing towards oncoming drivers!

Also, I think I'll be getting Adam to do my stage1 with EGR delete once I get my bonus in the new year. :D

Nice one Trev :)

Hey Trev, it was nice to meet you and the Mrs :). It might be worth popping to a local garage to check headlight aim as now you have HID's they are much brighter.
Im glad my spare set went to a useful place instead of gathering dust in the loft.
I have just ordered the 55watters so cant wait to rip the front end of the accord appart (again) once they arrive! :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Good stuff fella. I guarantee you will not go back. You forget how good they are until you drive or are a passenger in a car with normal halogens. The difference is literally night and day. :lol:

And well done Adam, Its always nice to hear fellow members help each other out. Good on you.

Found this on the US forum:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-car-care/14887-headlight-beam-positioning-adjustment-cl9-cl7.html

So the whole unit adjusts? It seems like my dipped beams are pointing wrong, but the mains point the same way they always have - so is there no way to adjust only the dipped beam? I guess there's no way the bulb could be in the hole 'wrong' and pointing the wrong way?

All I did today was sit the car next to a wall, so I can see:
\____ \____
I then reversed slowly, and it went:
\___\____
\_\____
\____

So the offside bean joined up with the nearside beam, when I was about 30 feet away from the wall.
Both main beams stayed pointing straight ahead to the middle of each headlight, at the wall and 30 feet away.

So is that normal? Like I said they are now MUCH brighter than I'm used to, so knowing me I'm just overthinking. Will take it into the local garage when I get a minute.

Found this on the US forum:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-car-care/14887-headlight-beam-positioning-adjustment-cl9-cl7.html

So the whole unit adjusts? It seems like my dipped beams are pointing wrong, but the mains point the same way they always have - so is there no way to adjust only the dipped beam? I guess there's no way the bulb could be in the hole 'wrong' and pointing the wrong way?

All I did today was sit the car next to a wall, so I can see:
\____ \____
I then reversed slowly, and it went:
\___\____
\_\____
\____

So the offside bean joined up with the nearside beam, when I was about 30 feet away from the wall.
Both main beams stayed pointing straight ahead to the middle of each headlight, at the wall and 30 feet away.

So is that normal? Like I said they are now MUCH brighter than I'm used to, so knowing me I'm just overthinking. Will take it into the local garage when I get a minute.

I cant say i have ever tried that experiment on mine but i would say it is probably normal mate.

thats normal mate. the right headlight should always aim slighly to the left so that it does not blind oncomming traffic, the left and right hand beam should meet roughly 30 ish feet away from the car which yours does. i would not worry :)

I purposefully took a longer route down a dark country road last night. :D Definitely better than before so I'm not worried, just didn't know if I was supposed to be lighting up so much of the field to the left! :p