What's new

Got remap done now losing major mpg

BazCW3

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX GT Tourer
Hi Guys
I got a remap done on my 2009 EX GT Tourer back in November all was fine was very happy with map was getting roughly the same MPG 45-47 before remap and I expected it to drop about so I thought happy days until last two weeks MPG has dropped to 25-27 MPG and not losing power or anything . asked the mapper to have a look reckons it's nothing to do with the map and most be mechanical problem anybody else ever have a similar problem with remap or nothing . All help appreciated .

The problem it's not hiding in the remap.
When remaped did you blind the EGR?

Poslano z mojega ASUS_Z016S z uporabo Tapatalk

Get it put back to stock and see if it solves it, then you'll have your answer.

Jan Accord said:
The problem it's not hiding in the remap.
When remaped did you blind the EGR?

Whent he remap was done no the EGR wasan't blanked off or deleted only fitted now EGR pipe was last one was cracked that was done before remap

F6HAD said:
Get it put back to stock and see if it solves it, then you'll have your answer.
Thanks F6had was playing with that idea myself but have got use to the extra power don't want to lose it lol if I do it and it returns to normal I will be getting it remapped elsewhere . Meeting with the guy that mapped this evening to have a look at it will update you once I have met with him .

The problem was sticky EGR it was staying open at 55% got it working again but still closing slowly so will be getting it deleted to stop this happening again

BazCW3 said:
The problem was sticky EGR it was staying open at 55% got it working again but still closing slowly so will be getting it deleted to stop this happening again
Blind it and clean the intake manifold.
It's worth to do it

Jan Accord said:
Blind it and clean the intake manifold.
It's worth to do it

Update got EGR mapped out and MPG is still terrible averaging 27.8mpg with city driving going to get the manifold cleaned hopefully that will help .

Did you fix or blank the valve? If it's faulty then it'll still be sticking open even if the map tells it to shut

I refer you back to my earlier advice, have it put back to stock and see if it cures it. I've been through more of these than I care to remember and I've seen all sorts of rubbish in the software.

Hi folks update after going through couple different things , I decided with the EGR been mapped out I would blank it off just to be sure it's closed fully. Soon as I Blanked it off and car warmed up got code on the dash for it and went into limp mode , Long story short went back to original mapper as he didn't map out EGR as he lives go distance away from me, it wasn't fully/properly mapped out , He sorted it out the EGR mapped out right , MPG is back to normal high 40's to low 50's and Accord feels much strong under acceleration and responsive plus now the clutch is slipping all the time under full boost/throttle lol so clutch & DMF are on cards to be replaced soon

glad it's solved but why he never mapped out the egr in the first place suggests he isn't experienced with these cars at all.