What's new

green light on CC switch

mikem

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord
My cruise control is working fine and the green light on the speedo is working but the green light on the switch has packed up.
Is replacing this as big a ball ache as i imagine? Does it involve dismantleing the dash?

Not difficult mate. All you need to do is pop the cruise switch out and the bulbs should just screw on the side of the switch. I am not sure what type they are, can only ***ume T3 bulbs with an orange cap on them and there is probably two.

You can see a guide on how to pop the switch out here: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13487-how-to-fit-an-aftermarket-stereo-in-the-6th-gen/#entry175511

Just be careful not to scratch any of the dash as its a bit fiddly popping the switch out.

Heres the info on Lings: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17S1A01&block_02=B__1111&block_03=6453

number 13 and 9, should be couple of quid from Holdcroft.

thanks for the reply but I remain confused.
You say the switch pops out but it looks like that only happens after the dial surround part is removed.
It also looks as though trying to pull it out would seperate the blue electric connector anyway?
Perhaps I will live with it for now if that is the case.

Nope you take the switches out before the surround comes off as there is a screw behind the CC switch, but that is irrelevant for you, all you need to do is pop the CC cruise out, the connector would not come off as it is clipped on, you need to depress the clip to get the connector off. Don't worry about those bits, just pop the switch out and have a look on the side for bulbs.

exec said:
Nope you take the switches out before the surround comes off as there is a screw behind the CC switch, but that is irrelevant for you, all you need to do is pop the CC cruise out, the connector would not come off as it is clipped on, you need to depress the clip to get the connector off. Don't worry about those bits, just pop the switch out and have a look on the side for bulbs.
had a look, tried to prize it out -lost my bottle, it looked like it was going to snap off -stuck like chocolate to a blanket.

I nearly gave up with the switch aswell, but I got so annoyed that I just went for it and it popped out nicely, there isnt anyway it could break if you are using a thin strong object to prize it open as the actual fitment of the switches is very simple, they just slot in to these hinge like things and slot out with a firm but soft tug, only real risk is scratching bits here and there.

I never noticed the light on the Cruise master switch on my 6th Gen. I just left it on all the time.