What's new

GT Front spoiler

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
Took my GT front spoiler off at the weekend, as it has been kerbed by the previous owner underneath, and the double sided tape has gone on the passenger side making it droop.

Not sure I'm going to put it back on. Bumper is like new underneath, not chipped or kerbed, I dont really miss it TBH. Think it makes the front end look a bit too heavy/bulky. Needs respraying or I might sell it with all the fixings.

What do you boys think?

094ac03b9ea68a77b90483bee4237809.jpg

4b2870268b695a85eeaebe0ed7ddcc57.jpg

b38cc82515ed372065f815eb2d43f6b2.jpg

3025cf9ea3cd65bc1efdf5cce46e2305.jpg

Let me know what you decide, might be after one if a new one from HH is expensive to justify

I love mine Rich as i had this and side skirts as a mod.

Ok will do Staddly. HH had them on offer for around £150, maybe primed only though, so painting is probably another £70 or so.

It was only the grille that was primerd. All the other body kits were painted I believe as they had a list of the colours available. It was only selected colours though hence I had to pay full price to get polished metal.

What parts did you get for yours Jace?

I had the sports grille primed, which I painted, was a bargain at £190, as RRP is £300 or so.

It was the spoiler and body protectors. It would of actually been cheaper for me to buy them ready painted in the wrong colour and get a body shop to paint and fit them!! Oh well :rolleyes:

keep it on! :) if you have one on the rear of the car then it way look odd parked from the side!

Just a question also, you have same wheels as me (on my 7th gen) but you sidewall of the tyre looks massive in size! what size tyres do you guys use on the 8th gen? I have just fitted 225 40 18 Dunlops on my wheels to get a smaller sidewall! But I notice a lot of 8th gen have various sizes!

Hi Jav,

The 8th gen doesnt have a skirt on the back bumper, so the front looks low, so does the side skirt, then bang......high back bumper.

With the front spoiler off there isnt a massive difference between its height and the side skirts. Going to look at it for a while, when its parked etc and see what I think.

The standard tyres on the 8th gen are 225/50/17 so quite a high sidewall. Keeps the ride fairly nice though. The 18" size on the 8th gen is 225/45/18.

This really annoyed me when I was looking - why go to the trouble to add front splitter and side skirts and then have a standard rear bumper?

"Oh, it's OK, it's only an estate"

That type S rear bumper would look great on the tourer but I doubt it will fit :mad:

Don't want one that badly Jace :lol: Would just be nice if was an 'option' - seems like a half hearted attempt at providing a 'sportier GT' body to the tourer in the first place.

Like you say though, anything is possible with the cash!

I think you can get some rear bumper skirts for the tourer, but they are fairly pricey....£300!

http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/product/Accord_Tourer_Rear_Skirts_08F03-TL4-670A

Yep pricey.

£365! plus Delivery :eek: They would look good though :D

The rear end of a Tourer. Im sure a body shop could cut the bumper horizontally under the parking sensors and stick a GT bumper underneath. If I had a head on shot I could Photoshop it to see what it looks like.

Honda_Accord_Tourer_VIII_rear.JPG

'Head on shot' - do you mean '**** end shot'? :lol:

Which vehicle - recipient or donor?

There's always the Mugen rear skirt for £574

http://www.hendyperformance.co.uk/product/Mugen_rear_under_spoiler_accord_tourer_84111-xllb-k0s0

Stuck my spoiler back on last night. New double sided tape, I filled and resprayed the underside, so all looks good now. Decided it does look better with it on.

Stuck my spoiler back on last night. New double sided tape, I filled and resprayed the underside, so all looks good now. Decided it does look better with it on.
Dido lol rich that's why I had this as a mod.
It gives the 8th gen a more sporty look I think.

I was 'seduced' by the new bumper underneath Brett, no kerbing marks or chips. But it is better with it on, looks more mean.