What's new

gt suspension change

manus

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
hello all, mt name is john and i am the proud owner of an accord es gt! my one and only fault is with the gt suspension, it is very unforgiving on our poor irish roads over here ( i am from ireland ). is there any way to fix this? i would even consider fitting standard suspension if i knew it would fit, does anyone know?
thanks for help in advance, great website here

The only thing i can think is Tein Comfort Sport / CS coilovers as you have 16 settings i believe.

i don't see why standard suspension wouldn't fit but why would you want to spoil a GT by doing that best thing would be to trade it and get a standard Accord

As far as i know the GT has standard shocks dude !! no fancy shocks as the sport suspension which is only available as accessories :D

just play around with Tyre pressure fella and stay close to the pressure as indicated to the Tyre placard on the B pillar.
thanks for advice. apparently sports suspension is standard on the ex, es gt and ex gt. i mighht try go up in tyre diameter from 225 50 17 to 225 55 17, this should improve comfort hopefully.

That will throw off your speedo though.

The ride is a little harsh on bad roads, i find it rides better with weight in the boot and the recommended tyre pressure,failing that move to Norfolk we just got back from a week there nice
people,nice roads.