What's new

Gunson Eezibleed

I think either of those will work the 2nd one looks the better off the 2 i'm sure someone will give you a more positive answer

Not to mention all the other sheeite that is floating around inside a car tyre...

Its the second one that will work, but when I say work its a complete pain to get an air tight seal. So much so that my last bleed I used a one man bleeding tube with a shut off on the end depsite having that uni cap and the ezibleed at hand. I wouldnt be too worried about the whole moisture thing, I removed the air in my tyre and reinflated to 14psi to get the job done. The issue is that by the time your lucky enough to get a proper seal on the ezibleed you could already be done with the old method.

I did however use the ezibleed on a MGTF service I did recently and because it used the standard screw caps it worked a dream :lol: .

My advice would be dont waste your money, oh and dont try and mod the existing honda res cap that wont work either been there done that :lol:

Yes, I now remember that the modded original press fit cap popped off due to the air pressure (though wonder if it could be tied down similarly to the adaptors). Anyway, needing wanting to remove and repaint my rusty calipers so will be using a relatives garage which should have helper available. Cheers for the advice.

It didnt pop off mate, the rubber seal just wasnt seating down firm enough even after trying cable ties ect.... ;)

I've just ordered the Gunson Eezibleed to do a fluid change on the Polo. VAG's have a screw fit cap so I'm hoping this should be a doddle.

Is it advisable to first completely deflate the tyre and then reinflate with 'fresh' air or will it be ok? Also, reading around on Google, people are saying any higher than 20PSI and you will have too much pressure in the system.

Have used Gunson Easybleeds for 20 years without issue, as long as you can connect to the master cylinder correctly.

Have never experienced any debris or water issues, as you are applying pressure via the intermediate vessel lifting fluid into the car.
The air pressure recommendation was due to some master cylinder seals becomg reversed/damaged in the early years, if the brakes were bled very quickly (flow).

Draper now manufacture a one person bleed kit that operates via a handheld/operated vaccum pump acting upon the bleed nipples, not as quick as the gunson unit but effective

Thanks Terry, that makes sense. I did see the Draper ones on ebay but you still need to pump the pedal. The Polo is 10 years old and I'm worried that continued pedal pumping to do a brake bleed may damage the internal seals. At least with the eezibleed you are using pressure in the system to force the fluid out without the risk of pulling air back in.

Dude that is awesome but it will have cost 20 times what I paid for the Eezibleed, and for someone like me who's going to do one fluid change a year.. it would be overkill.

Yeah I know but I barely have the time to work on my own car never mind mum, dads, brothers and his wife's! Oh and my wife's ;)

Only doing it on the Polo as I had the caliper changed last week and I'm not happy with the pedal travel. If I take it back to my mate he's gonna do it the old fashioned way and I don't want that. I'll have to check your system out though, looks wicked. Maybe we can use it on my Accord in the summer once you've got the right caps for it.

Don't you just love it :lol:.

I can heartedly agree - you should see what I spend a year on different forms of measuring equipment. That Christ it is tax deductible.

Just as long as you're not cracking your beer while you're working on someones brakes!

Of course it would be JD whilst on the job silly ;).