What's new

H&R's or Eibach

dazz_ni45

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen7 Accord 2.2CDTI
Hi all,

Picked up my 08 Gen7 i-cdti accord last week and I am currently looking at lowering options as the first thing I want to do. Currently running on the 17" wheels but these will eventually be replaced by 18's (would love a set of storms)

I have a friend with a small part time tuning company who can supply H&R springs at a decent price (£160) but from reading through the forum most people tend to go with the Eibach's which my friend can't supply, plus they are more expensive than the H&R's.

Does anyone have any opinions on the H&R's (good or bad) compared to the Eibach's or any pictures on them fitted on a car running either 17's or 18's? I think both give around a 35mm drop.

I don't really want to go to the coilover route at this stage, mainly due to cost.

Thanks

Both review very well mate. There's an Eibach feedback thread on here somewhere. Everyone's chuffed to bits with theirs. But I've read very good things on other websites about H&R. To be honest, if it were me and was torn between them, I'd go with which ever I could get for cheapest (in your case, the H&Rs).

hr are stiffer/harder than eibach so car won't be so comfortable and you need shorter dampers for hr, where eibach can be fitted on standard dampers

hr are stiffer/harder than eibach so car won't be so comfortable and you need shorter dampers for hr, where eibach can be fitted on standard dampers

Thanks. Would I definitely need new dampers as the drop on the H&R's is roughly the same as the Eibach's. I have had H&R's fitted to some *** cars I have preivously owned and I didn't have to change the dampers (I know they wear out quicker if not changed).

it's not only about the drop, but also there is different characteristic, some manufacturers like HR recommend shorter dampers other like KW or Eibach says that their springs may be used with standard dampers

The H&Rs at 50mm drop, thats alot for a lowering spring, i would like to think that the springs are somewhat stiffer than standard to accommodate the loss of travel. So with that, dampers will be needed, meaning the cost goes up neally to the level of coilovers.

So with that in mind, you stated you dont want to fork out for coilovers, then you are better to go with the Eibachs, if with their mild drop of 30mm, you can use them with the standard dampers, then thats you cheapest option, plus people on here have got them on their 7th gen and are happy.

i got them and wasn't happy, im much more happy with coilovers, IMO putting lowering springs on stock dampers just is bad practice and your better off with coils at the end of the day.

I would choose H&R - this company spent some good development time on CL9 (they made a lot of parts).
Both will drop probably same amount - and both are not suitable to use with stock dampers.
Soon or later you will have to install some appropriate dumpers.
Then you'll realize the total costs (with double installation) is round the same or more than the costs of coilovers
(which will be the best choice - as the dumpers are designed to match the springs).

So I would say to go for H&R Street Performance Coil Overs

Look here two projects they made by H&R USA for TSX :
http://www.hrsprings.com/projects/detail/2003_acura_tsx_habanero/
http://www.hrsprings.com/projects/detail/2003_tsx/

the back was lagging, coils are expensive but with BC coilovers the car is a total different beast. You can literally wrap this around roundabouts and it just sticks to the road.

You got far more control over the suspension with coils, the height, damper settings etc all easily altered.

8030287707_1a460f7c63_b.jpg

8086415665_fdecc8338c_z.jpg

Plenty of members using Eibach with stock dampers and zero issues..

Although I agree coilovers or a proper strut kit such as Honda lowering kit is best

you might have luck with eibach, but i would save up and get a proper suspension set (a-spec or the like) up if thats what you want.

it depends what you want to get, because if you're using car as a daily ride then there is no point to spend 600 for coilies if you can get springs for 200, and as it was said before most people who have coilovers set them once and that's it.

I'd say eibach as I've used them before. However don't rule out h and r. Just do a great deal of research before fitting.

BUT, standard shocks are not always up to the task of enhanced springs.

just my thought and also what a guy at the garage said. At the end of the day one is better off getting a complete suspension set up and not expect a cheap and/or easy fix.

it may well be the case that springs work for some people thought.

aslo there is the matter of camber and you almost will definitely need camber adjustment arms so figure that cost in also.

I drive daily and I have coilovers.

Before my Honda was ok, now its awesome! is that a sharp bend "no problem" - rough road? no more uncomfortable then my brothers bmw on run flats.

I havent adjusted my height since fitting them. but I will have to when I buy some 19's cos I'm going for the ultra ultra ultra ultra low ride height.

#justcosIcan

my bmw has coilovers. I've raised my suspension before heading on a journey to a show. then pulled up round the corner and then spun the adjusters down so its near enough touching the floor. then raised it back up again when leaving. :)

if you wanna roll on the cheap then spend 200 on springs . nowt stopping you. I ran this setup on a mazda it was ok I suppose but not as balanced or tunable as coilovers.