What's new

H1 hid kit (eBay special) for halogen cl7

Busman1

Members
Reaction score
Car
In between accords
Was thinking of getting a Hid H1 kit of the eBay just the cheap ones but was wondering how much of chew on it is to change over from halogen and is it canbus or canbus free ones I will need I have no clue on this at all . Any help mucho appreciated guys or if anybody has done it . [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get any H1 HID kit, you don't need canbus

So is it canbus free one I buy if it doesn't say anything about canbus ? , and are they any good do they make a difference on the accord ? I was thinking about 8000k ?

IT is likely canbus free if it doesn't mention it. May as well email the seller and check though.

It doesn't matter if it is canbus or not both will work

Are you sure you want 8000k? Don't think the higher the kelvin scale the better that's more to do with the colour.

Ye I no mate I like the look of the 8k more blue colour , but not sure yet if I'm going to as I've heard that sometimes you have to butcher the back of the headlights to hold the hid's in mate never had them before [emoji87]

I placed the ballast inside the actually headlight unit without any problems. Had them in there over a year and no heat issues or anything! Definitely better than drilling the headlight covers in my opinion! But it all fits easily behind the covers

Cheers , still not sure about the hid kits my mate has the on his is200 and had to bodge the headlight a little bit to get them to stay in but it knackered his headlights if he wanted to go back to halogen again , might just try and get myself facelift headlights and make sure there as brand new before fitting [emoji106]

I have a cheap ebay set on my CL7 07.
6000K and absolutely love it, would not go back to halogen.

Xentec is the brand i have

51fx5nC-ikL._SY300_.jpg

How do they fit into the headlight do you have to butcher it anyway or are they straight direct fit ? , a few of my mate have them on different makes of cars and had to butcher the back of the headlight where you insert the bulb on hid .

Busman1 said:
How do they fit into the headlight do you have to butcher it anyway or are they straight direct fit ? , a few of my mate have them on different makes of cars and had to butcher the back of the headlight where you insert the bulb on hid .

The ballast are so small they fit right inside the headlight. I have not adjusted anything to get them working :D