What's new

has anybody else tried

colin

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type s
has anybody else tried greased lightning ,waterless wash n wax its sold on ideal world channel on cable its pretty good in my eyes, worth a try it works on household stuff too so the misses says

Thats as bad as JML OR as seen on TV ;)

I bought an omelette maker once from on tv. It came with a time limited accesory set of 350 pieces. First time I used itte omelette stuck and I burnt my hand. On tv it looked great.

Say no more.

I used to love those adverts of car polish that was heat resistant... they used to set a cars paintwork on fire and show how it totally protected the paintwork... good thing I never tried it for myself lol

has anybody else tried greased lightning ,waterless wash n wax its sold on ideal world channel on cable its pretty good in my eyes, worth a try it works on household stuff too so the misses says

I think it is like a quick detailer in principle, however I am a bit old school and prefer to physically wash the car before putting on any products.

If you wash your car and use two buckets, one for clean and one to rinse the wash mitt, have a look at the sludge at the bottom of the rinse bucket, at the end of the wash.

I just cannot see how you could avoid damage from this grit on such volume, yes it will get trapped in the microfibre for a while, but you would need to turn and change microfibres often to avoid the build up of deposits, that could ultimately scratch the paintwork.

however many people are quite happy with a car that looks shiny, without really examining the paint finish.

The reason I don't use car park washers is that they use quick detailer type products. Makes the car look clean and shiny but actually ruins your paintwork. As above; 2 bucket method and polish with added elbow grease. If you really want to go for it then 2-bucket wash, clay bar, wash again then towel dry and wax.

usually do hand wash but almost living on building site for the next few years [new school being built straight across the road ] is startin to get a bit boring washing every 2nd day ,i think im just being lazy or gettin old lol ,

used for the first time today after 30 years of washing leathering of then polishing. having used turtle wax original then a convert to auto glym super resin followed by super protection ,and finally maguires. its sold in ask kippax alongside poor boy's range. so was very sceptical of using over top of dirt,but 1st impressions are good, no feel of gritiness when removing first application although i used 2 m/f cloths for whole car and extra 1 for buffing up,shine looks as good compared to previous products, but 50% less work. no white powder any where