What's new

Has my IDTEC ALWAYS BEEN SICK?

edgeoftime

Members
Reaction score
Car
11 idtec tourer ex.
2011 plate bought 2nd hand with 36,000 on the clock, automatic gearbox now at 100,000 thereabouts, just lately had been throwing the EML on and going limp when driven over the ton (sorry officer), I have a icarsoft reader but it did not show any DTC'S So I took the option of clear DTC'S and we were back to normal (or what I considered so). however when given the beans again the EML was on and we were limping again. This cannot be right says I so I bite the bullet and contact F6HAD premier tuning Leeds, "is there a speed limiter on these idtec's? negative is the answer, I relate the story to him and he advises a visit to him in Leeds. Today I arrived at opening time 0900 and before I had switched off the man says the EGR PIPE is cracked or worse can't you hear it? I in my ignorance thought it was valve chatter as it has always been there. Because I had cleared the no info DTC'S he was not able to find any codes that may have been present, so I was told to go for a coffee and a walk for an hour or two, whilst the engine and everything was interrogated with an A1 result, fine engine he says, we have blanked the egr off and rewritten the map to produce a few more horses and that gremlin DPF will not give any trouble again, (its not there) So Fhad takes me for a test drive and blimey how it went, it was quieter and quicker than I have ever been able to attain. I was really impressed with the way it pulled away and then kept pulling. On the way home M1 Leeds to Waltham Abbey is 195 miles give or take, I averaged 50mph, and 47.5 mpg, with the cruise set at 80mph, so there was the reason for the big smile on my face, even when held up in roadworks. If you have problems with your motor and cannot find the cause give him a ring he is brilliant, and so honest.

Honda and valve chatter in the same sentence?
Glad the motor is running well, it will be some difference I bet?

OH MY GOD.

I’ve just realised which ‘John’ I finally met today!! You sneaky bugger why didn’t you tell me you were one of our longstanding (and sometimes infuriating) members.

I’m writing this with a huge smile on my face and have had to explain to the mrs exactly why I’m smiling.

Well even if I didn’t realise who you were, it was a genuine pleasure and really glad we’ve finally met. Your username makes so much sense to me now that we’ve connected.

take care of yourself and enjoy that motor.

OH MY GOD.

I’ve just realised which ‘John’ I finally met today!! You sneaky bugger why didn’t you tell me you were one of our longstanding (and sometimes infuriating) members.

I’m writing this with a huge smile on my face and have had to explain to the mrs exactly why I’m smiling.

Well even if I didn’t realise who you were, it was a genuine pleasure and really glad we’ve finally met. Your username makes so much sense to me now that we’ve connected.

take care of yourself and enjoy that motor.
Had I introduced myself as EDGE OF TIME I am sure there would/could not have been any better service or result from my visit to you. In my previous job I learned very early on that giving too much info away can sometimes lead to trouble LOL. If any Gremlins make a return visit I will get a code reading so that it will make your job easier? I doubt it, your thoroughness would not allow any short cuts. Thanks again.

Had I introduced myself as EDGE OF TIME I am sure there would/could not have been any better service or result from my visit to you. In my previous job I learned very early on that giving too much info away can sometimes lead to trouble LOL. If any Gremlins make a return visit I will get a code reading so that it will make your job easier? I doubt it, your thoroughness would not allow any short cuts. Thanks again.
Further to that my reticence was not intentional in order to SUSS you out. Take people as you find them has always been foremost in my mind, and you sir are a true gent.

My idtec accord auto went to F6HAD at less than 100k around 5/6years ago. It now has 220k+ plus miles on it. I have never got the higher mpg that I thought i would do (but then again never take it easy and never get less than 38mpg) but the car does not miss a beat.

It really is dependant on how you drive them. I’ve seen over 40mpg on my auto on motorway runs at a constant reasonable speed and as low as 28mpg around town with a heavy right foot. I’ve found life is just too short chasing after economy numbers.