What's new

Have you lowered your accord?

hornyhonda

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CDTi
I am wanting to lower the accord with springs. Its a 2.2 diesel but my one concern is that it could have a knock on effect to the flywheel problem. Have any other diesel owners lowered their cars and how would you rate it as a mod?

Cheers

Plenty of people have lowered them and the main problem you might suffer is negative camber on the rear which can wear your tyres but you can get camber adjusters to solve this.
The flywheel would only be affected by more power such as a remap, or towing or your driving style.

Thanks Dave. Do you mean driving style as in hard driving? launches from the traffic lights etc? I only paid just over a grand for the car so am hoping to get 2yrs use out of it before swapping it out. IF the clutch went tomorrow then i'd have no option than to break it. We have a baby on the way so its a family car to get us through the first year or so....

Its on 155k miles but had the clutch, flywheel and timing chain done at 97k in 2012. I'd like to get to 200k in this vehicle ideally. But... it feels like driving a boat through the corners as its probably the heaviest car ive owned. Previous cars were CRX, civic, prelude, s2000. Lowering has always been the best mod ive done to my cars so I just wanted to be sure this wasnt going to be an exception to the rule.

Out of interest can you or anyone point me in the direction of the rear camber kits? Thanks

I haven't lowered my accord diesel and probably never will. (wife will kil me - lol) but I have lowered my 5th gen 2.2 prelude and that's sitting on miester R zeta S coilovers.

But for the accord I would go for the A-spec OEM Honda factory lowering kit - although I think they are like gold dust nowadays. Failing that a good set of eibach springs would be an excellent choice. I had a set of eibach springs many years ago on a 2000 EK civic coupe and was very very good.

Just a quick look I think you would need these camber kits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARDRACE-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-w-Hardened-Rubber-ACCORD-CL1-CL7-CL9-TSX-HR6379-/181540245493?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a44a44ff5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-CM-TSX-CL-03-07-REAR-ADJUSTABLE-RACE-SUSPENSION-CAMBER-ARMS-KIT-/231436344236?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35e2ae5bac

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-2003-2007-CL7-EIBACH-PRO-ALIGNMENT-REAR-CAMBER-ARMS-5-67290K-Z2444-/281456773521?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4188218991

Yes I mean hard driving, traffic light grand prix etc. Generally when the clutch starts slipping on the accord it can keep going for thousands of miles and could stop slipping again as it adjusts up.

For camber arms search accord rear camber on ebay and you will find plenty for around £100. If you are lucky you might not need them but better to be aware before lowering.

Cheers for the replies fellas. The clutch did slip slightly yesterday when the engine was cold which was slightly worrying. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the links. I have some of those camber kits for my CRX already.