What's new

Headlamp Washer Jet Broken

MedicalFlyer

Members
Reaction score
Car
2000 Accord Saloon
Hi all,

It seems someone has very kindly managed to break the nearside headlamp washer jet on my Accord. I've got a replacement ordered up and was wondering if anyone here knew the best way to refit these.

It looks like a bumper off job to me which will mean chucking at the mechanics as I don't have the space for such things.
Would it be possible to reach up from the fog light opening to connect it up perhaps?

You will need to take the bumper off to have the space to fit properly, just a couple of screws and push clips.

I was having a go at it the other day. Took the fog lamp out and thought I'd worked out a way to do it until I found only one finger can barely reach to get the clip on. After a few attempts and a bit of mild verbal encouragement I left it at that.
Will give it to the mechanics next time something's being done.

While it looks easy enough to get the bumper off I don't fancy doing it in the street. The natives round here are prone to trying to interfering. It's a pain because I could do with getting behind there to see why the jets aren't working anyway (failed pump I suspect). Things to ponder for another time :)