What's new

Headlight conversion from OEM to ATR

As well as the auto leveller, you will need the headlight ecu which sits under the dash and the levelling motors.

Self levelling lights are also known to have faults, so you could do all that and end up with one of your lights periodically pointing at the floor two foot in front of you, or worse still both.

i dont think hondas have headlight ECUs (brains) because there is only a fuse for power to the sensor, the sensor is a brain its self changing a varible resistor into three set resistances witch the level motors read and ajust acordinly lol hope that made sences :huh:

i do no the BMWs, Audi and Mech all have ECU unit for the headlights because they work not only on rear sus but also on angle to earth and speed pulse. some of these even have the "look around coner" or turn lighting built in. :D smart Germans

IIRC the sensor that changes the level of the lights is under the rear of the car somewhere. I think.

Also the usual problem with the lights adjusting is the lights work on plastic wings, and these break, or get stuck. Think i read that somewhere on the ATR Forum.

ATR_HID_Adjuster_component_locations.gif

Thanks 'Shiny' :blush: i will be having a wee look behind the glove box on the next ATR i find ;)

been to the scrapys today and picked my self up some head light washers just to avoid any trouble plus i do think it helps!

IIRC the sensor that changes the level of the lights is under the rear of the car somewhere. I think.

Also the usual problem with the lights adjusting is the lights work on plastic wings, and these break, or get stuck. Think i read that somewhere on the ATR Forum.

from Shinys pic it does apper to be under the off-side rear axil somewhere :S

Its the same motors used on all the headlights i have one stuck 1 on my standerd lights and wing thing was broken 1 on the new light, i plan on just swapping them over :D

You won't find anything behind the glovebox :D

LOL ok :unsure: thats where it looks like it is on the pic :blush: any more clues?!?

ah is it on the drivers side then? or under the scuttle pannel?

Gordon the bit behind the glove box i think is the ECU type thing for the lights.

But the sensor is under the rear of the car.