What's new

Headlight tints ?

tt786

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type s
Anyone tinted their headlights, if so did you use the tint paper or spray? Please post some pics if you have done this. I'm in two minds weather to tinting them smoke black/grey ??

Mate- I thought headlights were for illuminating the road ahead so that you could see safely where you are going at night. They are also of course so that other road users can see you coming in poor light conditions. I do admit, on some vehicles tinted headlights do look quite cool. Show cars off road for instance. But please think safety and get as much light on the road ahead as possible. If you have an infra red light system on your vehicle as well, please ignore this message!!

You can get that tint dotted film that can be put on headlights i forgot the actual name for it , otherwise just get light tint film and if you dont like the outcome or road visibility gets poor atleast you can just peel it off.

Tomas has this. It looks good actually and I don't think it's affected his beam much.

if you tint the lights, wouldn't the headlamp keep more heat and maybe damage the lens over time?

Get the proper headlight film to cover it, and it should be fine, it has the limit you can go for road legal reason, so.. Get yourself the heat gun, and you'll be ready to do it yourself. Lol
If you have HID light, It won't affect the brightness as it already brighter than the normal headlight..

Fly Eye

Cheaper Direct from the website not ebay.

Going to measure my headlight now!!

MOT friendly, easy to fit (perfect)

Fly eye it, looks cool and doesn't affect the illumination, mine are still really bright

Mine arrived today, really really easy to fit. Tried Vinyl and tinting windows before but this stuff is so so easy.
I'm not sure if because it was a hot day and it had been in my car but no need for a heat gun or hair dryer,

Took 10 minutes each headlight taking it slowly, ended up doing the mirror repeaters, reflectors on the rear bumper and spoiler brake light.

Went for 2x 30cm x 100cm and had plenty, not quite enough to do the rears! Came with 2 blades and a credit card for squeezing into the gaps.

Find out how good they are in the dark when I finish work!

im with fly eye.. looks great cheap and easy. its nice with amber sidelights.