What's new

Heated seats only for your back?

Yeah, it does get quite warm but they are in regular use. It could be yours haven't been used for a while so could be taking a while to warm up maybe?

I seem to remember an article a while ago on the 6th gen forum describing how to mend the element of the heated seats. The element in the seat (as opposed to the seat back) is particularly prone to failure, but can be fixed if you are willing to go to the trouble of taking off the seat cover.

7th Gen Accord Heated Seats - work as below: -

Drivers Seat - Base & Back
Passengers - Base Only

should tell you the same in the cars manual, correct me if I'm wrong! ;)

J4JAV said:
7th Gen Accord Heated Seats - work as below: -

Drivers Seat - Base & Back
Passengers - Base Only
That's a bit odd, only the back seems to heat up on the passenger side...

Fortunately I bought it from honda so it should be covered under warranty. Just wanted to check the base should heat up too before I say there is a problem

Yeah, there's a heater element in the executive on both side and back of the driver and passenger seat.

thats strange Jason, mine is 2007 cl7, 2.0, the manual covers all the models, 2.0, 2.2 and 2.4..

Seems relevant:

Manual_zps0c286f82.jpg

:lol:

I know my driver's seat does bum and back. It's what I live for in the winter. Heated, leather seats are the stuff of legend. I feel like a God on cold mornings :lol: . While everyone is chilly, I have my heated seats and wooly hat for my metal gear knob :lol: .

But my Mrs absolutely hates heated seats, heated mattresses and all that, so never uses it :rolleyes: . So I have no idea if the heated seat on the passenger side works at all, let alone if it does back and/or bum...?

Went in to Honda yesterday and yes it is a faulty seat.

Claim sent to Honda and given the ok so they are fitting a new element next week. The joys of a FHSH and Honda warranty :)

lings web site should carry a health warning

*** note, please have a strong scotch at hand before continuing

click yes when comfortable.

>>>

toffee_pie said:
lings web site should carry a health warning

*** note, please have a strong scotch at hand before continuing

click yes when comfortable.

>>>
Am I missing something?

Some things are rather expensive and can lead to sudden shock and further medical implications perhaps?

When i got my 2.0 ltr ex tourer which was 3 years old, only the back was heating on drivers seat and base on passengers seat, both replaced by main dealer under warranty. Thank god, woudnt want to pay for them myself going off lings parts list.

jayok said:
Not sure about the manual, but the 2.4 executives I've seen has them base and back. Also, the heater element is listed as a part

See item 14:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=B__4004&block_03=2768

Unless there was variances in the models themselves?
Wow! This is too expensive for just heating up the seat......
I always leave the engine run and idle about 10-15 mins for warm up before I drive, so usually the interior would also be warm enough to sit in, therefore I would rather save this silly money for something else