What's new

Heating system

yam yam

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord/crz
Hi guys
i've got a 2007 accord diesel tourer. The problem is with the air temperature coming out of the drivers side vents. When the air con is on and set to its lowest temperature the air coming out the drivers vents is warmer than the passengers side. If you set the passenger side temp to 18/19 its around the same temperature then. Its most noticeable out of the centre face vents either side of the hazard lights switch. It does not matter if you use the "dual" button or not. Ive had a look through the forum for this but cant see anything. So is this a fault or is it a characteristic of the car. As anyone else come across this??

I'm in the same boat but another way round of you, the passenger side of the air vent is blowing much colder air than the driver side. I have to increase the temperature of the passenger side by 3 - 4°

hi andy, i think you have misread my post. By the looks of it you have exactly the same problem/query as i do. with the air temp on lowest setting the air is cold out of the passenger side but warmer out of the drivers side.

I'm guessing you both have a flap that is stuck or not moving fully and so is allowing warm air still to come through. No idea how much of the dash you would have to dismantle to find it though

Just a stab in the dark. Is your pollen filter clear? Just empty the junk from the glove box and open beyond its normal limit, horizontal tray hidden behind. If it's really clogged and there's not enough flow perhaps the path of least resistance gets some function whilst the other side gets none? Long shot, but it won't cost anything to have a look!

Matt said:
Just a stab in the dark. Is your pollen filter clear? Just empty the junk from the glove box and open beyond its normal limit, horizontal tray hidden behind. If it's really clogged and there's not enough flow perhaps the path of least resistance gets some function whilst the other side gets none? Long shot, but it won't cost anything to have a look!
I've changed the new pollen filter just 4 months ago
warwick said:
hi andy, i think you have misread my post. By the looks of it you have exactly the same problem/query as i do. with the air temp on lowest setting the air is cold out of the passenger side but warmer out of the drivers side.
No mate.

I set the temp at 22C on both side in the last 2 months (now is too warm of course lol), but the centre vent of the passenger side always blows out very cold air, the white mist also can be seen.

Matt, yes the pollen filter is fine, i change my pollen filter every year, usually a round the end of october, that gets rid of the summer bugs ect lol.
I think i may have found the fault doing a bit of research on the net. It could be down to the air con system getting low on refridgerent and in need of a re-gas. i know its no where near as cold as it was when i bought the car 2yrs back so will go down that route before i start pulling the dash apart. Will let you guys no in due course.

Hi Warwick, did you get to the bottom of this? I've the same car and it's just developed exactly the same issue.

kriswhiteley said:
Hi Warwick, did you get to the bottom of this? I've the same car and it's just developed exactly the same issue.
yep fault cured, along with a lot of other things lol. I've had the air con regassed by a mobile guy and its all sorted, same temp out of all vents. He could'nt give me a temperature reading cus i was replacing my flywheel/clutch and cracked exhaust manifold at the time along with anti roll bar bush's, and a anti roll bar link (had slight play) and the large bottom suspension compliance bushes on both sides. Also new rear pads and discs and anti roll bushes.No knocks from anywhere now lol. Thought whilst it was all out it would be easy to change. Im having two new front tyres fitted on tuesday from black circle tyres and the tracking done aswell. I've opted for Bridgestone Ecopia EP001S. They have "A" ratings for wet weather and fuel economy, and only 70db for road noise which is quite low. Will be like a new car to drive lol.