What's new

Heel Toe Driveshafts

Swallow

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord mk7 ctdi ex
Hello all, I'm finally getting round to sorting out my vibrating driveshaft issues on my 06 cdti Tourer..

Absolutely stunned by Honda UK prices for inner joint rebuild kits, I'm looking at ordering the parts from "heel toe automotive" in the USA, which shaves a couple of hundred quid off the bill.

What are Honda UK thinking of with their UK pricing! Are they trying to kill off all mk7's in the UK?

Mine has only done 120k, so plenty of life left I hope.

So, has anyone else bought these parts from the USA (Genuine Honda parts)

Has anyone found a supplier of aftermarket shafts, or joints in the UK that are a lasting fix?

Has anyone tried the non oem "insane shafts" that Heel Toe sell?

Any other bright ideas? Tried HH but even mentioning this forum, the price is shocking..

I've given up with breakers in the UK on ebay, as they all like to give fraudulent mileage on the vehicles they are breaking, despite being able to verify mileage using the DVLA Mot check facility - honestly, every other breaker I have phoned says "yeah, came from a low mileage car, had done 68k" then when you ask for the registration, or it is pictured in the ebay advert, check recorded mileage and it's 178k....

Don't forget the intermediate shaft.

Without a new one, there's not much point changing the o/s driveshaft just to wear it out on an old half-shaft.

Are the US ones the same as the Diesel ones in Europe?
The US never got oil burners so just check that they are compatible.

Bounder said:
Are the US ones the same as the Diesel ones in Europe?
The US never got oil burners so just check that they are compatible.
that's a good point, the driveshafts on the 2.0 and 2.4 petrols are the same, but the diesel is different, maybe get the Honda part numbers and check with Heel Toe
start here --> http://www.lingshondaparts.com/cars/oem-car-parts-diagrams.html
when you get to the page with part numbers, you'll see the part numbers begin with PFKL, remove "_pfk" from the url and they're then proper Honda numbers.

Cheers, & if my drivers side drive shaft is vibrating/worn will my intermediate shaft be shafted then?

Goodluckmonkey said:
Don't forget the intermediate shaft.

Without a new one, there's not much point changing the o/s driveshaft just to wear it out on an old half-shaft.
Very good point I missed that info and did a typical ***umption that it would be checked but ***umption is always a bad move

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

If i can remember correctly, the half shaft has a bearing which you can change so you dont have to buy the whole thing?? I could be mistaken here.

Splines wear on the half shaft though.
That is what causes the clunk between gears, and the big vibration of death when everything's totally had it.

Fitting a new driveshaft to it makes things go away for a little while, as the halfshaft splines are now in an unworn hub, but the lash between one new and one worn component soon ensures that they're both FUBAR within a few thousand miles again.

The halfshaft (the one with the bearing) anf the o/s driveshaft need to be done as a pair.

^ wot he said too LOL

(never had to replace the driveshafts on my CM2 in the 11 years that I've owned it, but witnessed loads of issues on forums)

you cannot buy new shafts individually

CM2 parts diagram (same concept for all 7th gens)

B__2100.jpg

I replaced both my driveshafts by a company called Drivetech and the bearing in the half shaft at the same time due to the usual vibration sounds and high mileage on the motorway, been using them for 3 years now, performing very well and have done over 30k with them still going strong ! Avoid the blueprint shafts.

What problems did you have with the Blueprint shafts?

Goodluckmonkey said:
What problems did you have with the Blueprint shafts?
I havent tried them personally, but i've been told they dont last as long. A lot of people have had problems with them from what i have been told.

Oh. Could be as above, if they just do the outer shafts and not the intermediate one too, things won't last, then people point the finger.

My CDTI tourer has blueprint shafts, makes a truckload of torque on its stage 2 map, tows, and I use all off the throttle occasionally.

Can't say it's had an issue yet.