What's new

Help, Accord ICTDI failed MOT on emissions

Dbonnick21

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord ICTDI
Hi there,
Our Accord has failed its MOT on the emissions, the garage put a cleaner in the the fuel tank and it did not change enough last year the emissions were at 0.3 and this year its at 3.4. The garage said it would not be a cheap fix but we don't want to get rid of the Accord so what can we do.
Thanks in Advance

Investigate what’s causing the high emissions output and solve it. The car is likely over fuelling, could be down a number of things including a bad egr, bad injectors or a boost leak.

Hi there,
Our Accord has failed its MOT on the emissions, the garage put a cleaner in the the fuel tank and it did not change enough last year the emissions were at 0.3 and this year its at 3.4. The garage said it would not be a cheap fix but we don't want to get rid of the Accord so what can we do.
Thanks in Advance
Hi there, my accord failed a few years back on emissions, here's what I did and do every time before mot, put in premium fuel upto a week before mot, ( not sure if this helps but just something I do) put can of cataclean before mot, give car a good blasting down the motorway, get it nice and hot and take straight for mot. Passed every time and the readout is very low when I check.

I usually change the engine oil and filter a couple of weeks before the MOT is due, those sticky deposits sitting in the sump from the lump up front make their way out through various breathers and into the exhaust system, though I've not bothered to check. A good hard tap or ten of the air filter on the wing may also help.

Never failed on emissions, just the odd mechanical (suspension,/engine mount etc).

Mine has been failing on emissions for the last two years. They pour some injector cleaner into the tank whilst running, then it passes on retest.