What's new

HELP Alarm issues

Dbonnick21

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord ICTDI
Currently have a 2006 Accord ICtdi and the alarm doesn't stop going off.
We have replaced the main battery and the battery in the alarm. Still has not fixed it so we took it to a dealer and the car has thrown the Code B1029: Lost communication to alarm control.
Does anyone have any possible ideas what this can be its driving me mad?

That’s just a spurious error for the ultrasonics which nearly all Honda’s throw up on a scan with a dealer tool, I would say it’s a red herring. Most likely you will have a bad sensor (on our CRV it was the bonnet sensor). Have it plugged back into the Honda dealer system and go into the events log and look at what sensor triggered the alarm the last 3 times. If it’s the same sensor every time then there’s your problem. Just unplug or replace the sensor, chances are it’s your bonnet sensor.

I’m surprised (or maybe I shouldn’t be) that your dealer didn’t have the basic knowledge or sense to check this themselves.

That’s just a spurious error for the ultrasonics which nearly all Honda’s throw up on a scan with a dealer tool, I would say it’s a red herring. Most likely you will have a bad sensor (on our CRV it was the bonnet sensor). Have it plugged back into the Honda dealer system and go into the events log and look at what sensor triggered the alarm the last 3 times. If it’s the same sensor every time then there’s your problem. Just unplug or replace the sensor, chances are it’s your bonnet sensor.

I’m surprised (or maybe I shouldn’t be) that your dealer didn’t have the basic knowledge or sense to check this themselves.
They wanted £80 just to tell us what and then £80 an hour to go through the electrics which we obviously said no too, we’ve unplugged the sensor and the red light has gone off but the alarm still sounds, does that just mean we need to charge the alarm battery ?

What’s your location, either book with me or someone that has access to a Honda HDS

What’s your location, either book with me or someone that has access to a Honda HDS
I am in Norfolk but we plan to get the car tuned and EGR blocked and you were the man that came to mind so if we still have this issue when we are ready to tune we will bring it to you