What's new

help honda lowering kit

chris vti

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th gen accord
ordered the honda lowering kit 2day, wen i ordered it the guy said suitable 4 17 inch wheels an under, i woz goin 2 buy 18storms but dnt want 2 spend nearly 900 quid on new wheels frm honda if they wil caus problems with the lowerin kit. anybody runin 18s with this kit

Fahad is running 18's with the Honda A-spec kit so you should be fine

can i be nosey and ask how much you paid for the lowering kit?

Chris, I'm running 19' Honda rims with my Honda lowering kit.

The rim diameter has nothing to do with the suspension height, it's all about offsets, tyre sizes and rim width. Keep the rim within 45-55 offset and maximum 8" wide with a 225 tyre and you won't have any issues.

Fahad is running 18's with the Honda A-spec kit so you should be fine

can i be nosey and ask how much you paid for the lowering kit?
tried a couple of dealers an it came in at 632 any where i tried so i woz at the dealership the day getin the manifold dne so i rang my m8 whos trade an got him 2 ring an order it 10% discount hlps got it 4 568 al in, the look on the boys face wen i went bac 30min after he gav me the price an paid 4 it at 70 quid cheaper,did the same with the 18storms price 2me 864 jus 4 the wheels price 2 my m8 trade 748 happy days

Sounds like a great result buddy. He's talking crap about the rim sizes though... as my pictures will prove!

Sounds like a great result buddy. He's talking crap about the rim sizes though... as my pictures will prove!
cheers fahed didnt no u wer online so i jus emailed u about it, the 2r 3 garages i had priced around had al said the same thing about wheel size but i thought some of the boys wer runin 18s with the kit so jus wanted 2 find out, looks like il b orderin a set of storms off them nxt wk, the oz wheels i wanted wer nearly 1800 jus 4 the wheels thats jus a bit 2 rich 4 me an i think the wife mite divorce me if idid go 4 the oz wheels, iv slowly drove her mad over my cars btween buyin stuff 4 my accord an my other car mb6 civic vti i complain lol

Got your PM mate but didn't reply as I already replied here.

Yep this will be a real test of how much your wife loves you ;)

Why do you lot keep owning up to how much stuff like this costs?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hell mine still hasn't noticed the remap (although I am starting to drop hints into the conversations here and there) and the A-Spec was a well rehearsed "safety upgrade".

Happy days!

She's none the wiser, my ears are bent no more than usual, and I get my weekend jollies.

Safety upgrade! :lol:

And i bet the remap is an 'economy feature'!

Matt

No - that was just switching to VPower ;).

Seriously... Hook line and sinker.

^^ lol you joker, You happy with th A-spec, how does it cope when loaded with things in the back

very happy with it. the back end is probably a tad too firm, but i suspect it could do with some extra weight in the back. not had it fully loaded since.

hard cornerimg means a lot less wallowing.

with the s1 map as well you wonder why Honda didn't do it from the factory.... then you realise they did... it's a type s. :D

the guy who said you could only have up to 17" rims.

Why do you lot keep owning up to how much stuff like this costs?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hell mine still hasn't noticed the remap (although I am starting to drop hints into the conversations here and there) and the A-Spec was a well rehearsed "safety upgrade".

Happy days!

She's none the wiser, my ears are bent no more than usual, and I get my weekend jollies.
No 2 b fair my wife likes the car 2 b modified an i pretty much get a free run but 1800 jus 4 wheels without tyres is a bit 2 far even 4 me, she nos the peckin order my baby girl 1st car now 2nd an then her in 3rd

Won't argue with those priorities mate :lol:

There is one for pre-facelift... Not sure if they're the same. Faddy has it though.

Eibach probably.

:D

your right dan eibach does lower it more,but isnt the a-spec honda kit full set of coilovers and not just springs?????fahad???

Not sure bud, but they're not adjustable, and the drop is pretty minimal. I got them because I drove Faddy's Saloon and really noticed the difference in front end roll, but more importantly his car was still really comfortable to drive despite his Rages.

Now I have them it is still the case, and I have Penta 17'ers, with my Tourer I have noticed the rear end is much more firm - possibly too firm, but like with my van, unless there is some weight in there the suspension seems to not want to budge and you get this bouncy bouncy feeling.

Still, it is a small price to pay when you consider how well planted the car is round corners, and some of the roundabouts near me are a pure joy :lol:

I agree with Dan, the A-Spec rear suspension is very firm, seems alot better when the car is loaded!!

The Eibachs do lower the car more, but that uses the existing struts, where as the A-spec is a matched set of strut and spring.