What's new

Help me decide ! Thanks

Spaic

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi guys.can any of you help me decide on some service parts?
Got a Honda accord 04 reg. 2.2 i-cdti with 118k .need to service it and can't decide on some parts.any help considered.

Fuel Filter :
-Honda (which is a bit to expensive)
-Bosch
-Man

Air filter and Polen

-genuine (don't know the make)
-man

And the last one,engine oil.until now it was serviced with 0w30 oil.
I am thinking on changing it to 5w30 to be a bit thicker and lubricate better ,as the engine it's got an age and some miles.
Don't know what make to chose either.
For about 2-3 weeks started to burn the oil and had to top up 500+ml ,now for some time it stopped burning.don't know wtf is wrong .

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sure someone will be along to confirm this but you absolutely MUST use a genuine Honda fuel filter. After markets cause all matter of problems which are well documented on this forum.

Absolutely nothing else but genuine Honda for fuel filter.
Accord diesels are really fussy with these. Do a search and you will see many threads of accords with issues after it has had a fuel filter changed with non genuine parts.

The air filters and pollen filters are ok to use 3rd party but i would always stick to genuine stuff for fuel filter and oil filter.
Not much difference in price on oil filter genuine vs 3rd party so might aswell get genuine.

Genuine stuff also available here
http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/service-items-22-diesel-c-14_35_573_955.html

Hope it helps

Also stick to genuine air filter. Afternarket won't kill the engine but I've seen performance drops with cheap air filters on these Diesel engines.

Call Holdcroft Honda in Stoke, speak to parts and tell them Fahad sent you.

Thanks for the answer guys.I will buy genuine fuel and oil filters.
How about the oil,should I change it to 5w30 ,or Lea e it on 0w30?

Thanks

Opie oils sell castrol 0w 30 in 6 litres for around £63 posted
They offer £6.40 discount with special code though which equals £57.55 posted which isnt too bad

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-92484-castrol-edge-***anium-0w-30-fst-fully-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx