What's new

HGV killed my Accord

johncbx

Members
Reaction score
Car
tourer 2.0 petrol ex
Having been hit whilst stationary by hgv at pedestrian crossing and shunted into back of car other side of crossing my insurers have informed me my accord tourer has £7,000 of damage. As its on a 55 plate well beyond economic repair, shame really as always run well and totally reliable (well it would be its petrol) even run well although a bit draughty with no tailgate glass on way home after being hit by wagon.
Probably not get enough back to buy one as good as this was when they get round to settling payout only good thing is we walked away from it, which we wouldn't have on our cbx.

Ah man, that's a real shame. I feel for you.

That sucks, but like you say the most important thing is it kept you safe. Being hit by and HGV at any speed is no joke. Hope you can get a nice replacement when the time comes.

Shame about the car but glad no one was hurt

johncbx said:
good thing is we walked away from it, which we wouldn't have on our cbx.
thank God for that; we were also in a similar situation a number of years ago, and the HGV driver was perhaps on a mobile or other, but he seemed to have come from no where and the next thing he skidded onto the middle 'zig zag' lane and ground to a halt along side us as we were waiting in a queue at the lights; we felt so lucky he didn't slam into us otherwise it would have been a devastating scene!

Thanks for your comments guys, the pains slowly going away just take a bit of time.

don't forget, you can always argue the payout with your insurance company by finding similar cars for sale online.

There are things more important than an car, you know its just "things"! You need to be healthy to work to live many years and buy more cars and enjoy your life! :)

You will find a good one! B)