What's new

HID headlights

Big Kev

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 Exec
Guys

I am looking to change the headlights in my car for HID lights.
Can anyone who has done this please advise me on what level lights to go to and where the best place to get them.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kev

Kev, without trying to sound like a broken record - please try searching, this is widely and regularly covered.

In a nutshell you need a H1 HID kit and I would suggest either go for a 4300k (OEM look) colour or 6000k (more bluey white).

They are under £30 delivered from China now and the quality is fine. Just search ebay for H1 HID Kit 4300k

See now I feel guilty :D

lol

Had a look on ebay and found some with a company call 'Alltronix'
£45 + p&p
I like the 10,000k colour, but one question, are they street legal?

m8 stick between 4k and 6k, you will have no problems :lol:

and in a word they are not street legal!!

10k are borderline purple Kev.

To play it safe, stick between 4k and 6k like Dave said. Although I've been running 8k for the last 2 years+ without issue.

You'll get best light output at 4300k but a slight tint of yellow with a mainly white light.

I am also running 8000k for over a year now... they tend to wear down and mine are same as my dads 6000k ones now

I am also running 8000k for over a year now... they tend to wear down and mine are same as my dads 6000k ones now

is the a HID normality? For example mine are 6000k been in for 2 years, will they have reduced too?

Theirs already a decent thread going on about exactly this lols. I might start a new one is vpd better than supermarket fuel :eek:

May have been posted before but here's AutoExpress take on the legality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw&feature=player_embedded

Also believe you need to have Projector Lenses, Self Levelling Lights and Headlamp Washers for it to be legal as fitted to Exec.

May have been posted before but here's AutoExpress take on the legality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw&feature=player_embedded

Also believe you need to have Projector Lenses, Self Levelling Lights and Headlamp Washers for it to be legal as fitted to Exec.

does not really apply to us 7th gen owners as we have projectors, NOT reflectors.

it doesnt matter what you put in a projector as the light output shape should always be the same. with reflectors.. that isnt true